Party split between suite and non-suite

bigAWL

So I'll be sailing on the Jade in October with my family of 5 in a suite. My father will join us in an inside cabin. Are there any suite amenities/benefits that he can take advantage of with us?

I'm thinking of...

• Priority boarding and disembarkation, and tendering?
  • Breakfast or lunch at Cagney's?
  • Can he be included in reservations made by our concierge?

Anyone have this experience?

Bruno is the current concierge on the Jade. Priority boarding etc. probably, Cagneys probably not. Reservations yes.

Chris

So I'll be sailing on the Jade in October with my family of 5 in a suite. My father will join us in an inside cabin. Are there any suite amenities/benefits that he can take advantage of with us?

I'm thinking of...

•  
  • Priority boarding and disembarkation, and tendering?

• Breakfast or lunch at Cagney's?

• Can he be included in reservations made by our concierge?

Anyone have this experience?

1) possibly. We were on the Jewel in a family suite and my parents were in the connecting balcony. Everyone I asked on this board were just as snarky when I asked in 2013 as they are now. But yes, my parents were able to board with us and eat lunch on embarkation with us at Cagneys. I just walked up with all our passports and checked them in with us. They didn't even blink an eye.

2). On embarkation day is probably the only time they will allow this. I didn't really ask for the remainder of the cruise. I felt lucky enough they let them eat with us at Cagneys on embarkation day.

3). Yes. Just tell the concierge you want reservations for 6 instead of 5. We did this all week long. And other suite passengers did they same thing. It is not uncommon.

Don't let the negative Nellys on this board ruin your trip before it begins. Enjoy your cruise. You will have a wonderful time.

Sorry. I'm new to these boards, and realize there are always land mines out there. I'll try to tread carefully.

Oops. Really not sure how I missed that. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll ask at the port.

We're not in a Haven suite, mainly because we figured it would be hard to enjoy without my dad there, too. I didn't even think to ask that one, and had a good feeling that Cagney's was out, too. But really want to know if the concierge reservation service is going to be any use to us if they can't include my father in the arrangements. So, I thought it couldn't hurt to ask what others have experienced. No offense intended.

He can be included in your dinner reservations. You just ask the concierge to make it for 6 instead of 5.

It probably varies by concierge. We were not in a suite but were extended suite perks by NCL on one of our sailings as a group event organizer on the Jewel. I had talked to the concierge since we were traveling with family in 3 staterooms across from each other and I wasn't familiar with what the concierge could and couldn't do in general. I'd never had access to one before. I just asked for clarification, I did not ask for him to include the other two rooms. He let us know that he would make dinner reservations for all of us, and that they could come with us for tendering and disembarkation. I didn't ask about cagney's and we weren't in the Haven ourselves so only could go up the night we were invited to a cocktail party with the captain that was probably for suite guests.

When my mom and I were on the Sun one time we were in a PH and my cousin was sharing a non-suite cabin with a friend. Of course we had them up to our cabin and spent a lot of time doing things around the ship. So, our wonderful concierge knew our situation.

We never asked about the suite breakfast and lunch perk and it was not offered. We never asked about extending any perks. However, our concierge asked us if we wanted any reservations for our group, by asking "will your friends be dining with you"? The concierge also asked us if we were going on excursions or doing ports on our own. We did some of each. On her own the concierge gave us extra tender VIP tickers so our group would be able to go ashore together with VIPs.

On most mornings, mom and I would meet up with my cousin in trivia after breakfast in the suite venue and we'd meet again after lunch. But sometimes we opted to dine with them in pathetic MDR.

I guess you know by now that the only way to guarantee perks for ALL is for ALL to book suites. So, my best advice is to go with low expectations. And do not be disappointed if nothing is offered, and be pleased and grateful if anything is offered.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the way it is possible to have all your family and enjoying the suite perks.

You need to get that connecting mini suite booked...and fast. Have your dad listed in the suite cabin and a child or two in the mini suite. Children who are in a connecting cabin to a suite are entitled to stay with their family in all amenities. This can be done with any connecting cabin to a full suite category. So if you find another 2 bedroom with connecting balcony this could save you some money.

Normally there must be someone 21 years old in a cabin. My understanding is this stipulation is not required for connecting cabins. Once you are on the ship you can make your own arrangements of who sleeps where.

There are a few regular people around here who have done this on more than one occasion, hopefully they can chime in with more info. Or give your PCC or TA and speak to them about it.

I can understand dad wanting a little space to himself. Hope things work out for you.

Rochelle

Thanks again to everyone with ideas and suggestions. They are very helpful.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the way it is possible to have all your family and enjoying the suite perks.

You need to get that connecting mini suite booked...and fast. Have your dad listed in the suite cabin and a child or two in the mini suite. Children who are in a connecting cabin to a suite are entitled to stay with their family in all amenities. This can be done with any connecting cabin to a full suite category. So if you find another 2 bedroom with connecting balcony this could save you some money.

Normally there must be someone 21 years old in a cabin. My understanding is this stipulation is not required for connecting cabins. Once you are on the ship you can make your own arrangements of who sleeps where.

There are a few regular people around here who have done this on more than one occasion, hopefully they can chime in with more info. Or give your PCC or TA and speak to them about it.

I can understand dad wanting a little space to himself. Hope things work out for you.

Rochelle

Wow, thanks for that idea. I hadn't considered that kids could be booked in a connecting cabin without an adult, or that those kids might be able to share the amenities when an adult would not. I've sent a note to my TA to look into this possibility. I'll be sure to report back here if I get any new information.

And I'd still love to hear about others' experiences.

You can join your father in the MDR for breakfast to be together.

You can wait in line for the tender with your dad to be together.

you can board in the regular line to be with your Dad together.

People who pay for suites get suite perks, people who pay for inside cabins do not and it's disrespectful to even ask. You get what you pay for or we would all book the cheapest inside cabin ( and know somebody in a suite) and request the suite perks.

It's very simple, you want suite perks you book a suite.

Oh get over yourself.

sounds like one of those inside cabins trying to get what you didn't pay for.

Seriously? And you sound like someone who thinks they're better than everyone else that's not in a suite. How dare OP disrespect you with his or her questions!

I've read review and posters where they have said that their Concierge allowed their non-suite staying family to join them in Cagney's. I think it depends on the Concierge. You can always ask and if they say no, then go to the MDR or buffet for breakfast.

As you can see, people's experiences vary.

RE: Cagney's, your name and cabin # will be on a list at Cagney's and this list is checked when you arrive for breakfast and/or lunch. Most of the time the hostess gets to you know you by name.

Last year outside Cagney's at lunchtime I witnessed people who were in suites giving the concierge a hard time about allowing their non-suite friends/family for lunch in Cagney's, and it wasn't pretty when he told them no.

I also have a friend who was on Jewel maybe 5 years ago and a suite couple with whom they got friendly brought them along to dine in Cagney's at lunchtime. I told her that probably would not be allowed anymore unless she was cruising in a suite.

However this works out for you, hope you have a great cruise. :)

Edited by mizlorinj

Well I certainly don't let any comments on an internet message board affect me negatively in any way. But always appreciate honest/helpful feedback. And I always hope I'm able to someday help someone else out with their questions.

In this case, it appears my TA can in fact double book my dad into both our suite's 6th bed as well as another cabin. So NCL will get their revenue from him twice, and he will presumably get the suite perks while staying in his own cabin.

Hope everyone has a fantastic next cruise!

Well I certainly don't let any comments on an internet message board affect me negatively in any way. But always appreciate honest/helpful feedback. And I always hope I'm able to someday help someone else out with their questions.

In this case, it appears my TA can in fact double book my dad into both our suite's 6th bed as well as another cabin. So NCL will get their revenue from him twice, and he will presumably get the suite perks while staying in his own cabin.

Hope everyone has a fantastic next cruise!

Glad things worked out for you. Have a great family holiday!

Rochelle

[quote name='bigAWL']Well I certainly don't let any comments on an internet message board affect me negatively in any way. But always appreciate honest/helpful feedback. And I always hope I'm able to someday help someone else out with their questions.

Hope everyone has a fantastic next cruise![/QUOTE]

I'm so glad you were able to work that out, and
I'm glad that some of these downright mean comments didn't get to you.....have a fabulous cruise and I'm glad your Dad will get to enjoy the suite perks.