Just off Liberty from SJ!

cruisexlife

Currently sitting in SJU waiting to board my flight in a few hours. I will be writing another photo review!! But in the meantime, until I board my flight and until I can get my pictures together, I'd like to open a thread for any questions you may have. Ask away, I'll answer to the best of my ability!

And Happy Easter!

We are on the Nov 1st sailing. Did you do anything in St. Kitts? Anything you would suggest? Or avoid? Hubby will be coming off a hellish 3 weeks at work, so we don't plan on getting off the ship much. Being choosy with our shore time. Appreciate all suggestions!

Currently sitting in SJU waiting to board my flight in a few hours. I will be writing another photo review!! But in the meantime, until I board my flight and until I can get my pictures together, I'd like to open a thread for any questions you may have. Ask away, I'll answer to the best of my ability!

And Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you! I remember reading, and really enjoying, your Glory review and the beautiful pictures you posted. I don't have an upcoming cruise planned...yet, but really enjoy reading reviews and I also enjoy reviews of ships and itineraries we've been on just as much as those we haven't experienced yet. We did this same itinerary (Southern out of San Juan) in May 2013 on Carnival Valor and it is, by far, our favorite itinerary. I'm really looking forward to your review and I'll definitely be following along.

So, overall, did you have a great time? What nights were cruise elegant nights? Thanks & Happy Easter!

Susan

Oh yes, favorite cruise hands down! Best one yet!

Formal nights are the night after the sea day (Tuesday) and the night after Saint Kitts (Friday).

We are on the Nov 1st sailing. Did you do anything in St. Kitts? Anything you would suggest? Or avoid? Hubby will be coming off a hellish 3 weeks at work' date=' so we don't plan on getting off the ship much. Being choosy with our shore time. Appreciate all suggestions![/quote']

Saint Kitts was cancelled this cruise. I was really bummed out. 35 knot winds, mom thinks it was because it was Good Friday. Either way we had an extra day at sea.

This cruise tired me out, so if he's tired beforehand, I would suggest beaches on the islands, or ship days. not lots of moving around. Except in Saint Lucia, you need an active tour to see the better part of the island, Soufriere, where the pitons are. But we really enjoyed the Copacabana Beach Club in Barbados and Maho Beach in Sint Maarten!

Happy Easter to you! I remember reading, and really enjoying, your Glory review and the beautiful pictures you posted. I don't have an upcoming cruise planned...yet, but really enjoy reading reviews and I also enjoy reviews of ships and itineraries we've been on just as much as those we haven't experienced yet. We did this same itinerary (Southern out of San Juan) in May 2013 on Carnival Valor and it is, by far, our favorite itinerary. I'm really looking forward to your review and I'll definitely be following along.

Thanks so much for remembering me! Yes, it's an AMAZING itinerary, and im so glad that I did it. Can't wait to share my experiences with everyone!

Did you do anything in San Juan? I'm curious about the forts and the cost to get into them. I've read here that one ticket will get you into both forts. Do you know anything about that?

No, I'm sorry. I had a late flight in on Sunday night, and a regular flight out tonight. However, from my November cruise on Glory, I do remember the fort (El Morro) costing 4 or 5 dollars per person to get in. If you have a National Parks Membership (don't know the actual name) where you buy it and get admitted into the parks for free, then it applies at El Morro.

I cannot speak on the other fort but I have read that you can get into both. If you plan on doing both in one day, then I hope you don't mind feeling rushed on vacation. El Morro is pretty time consuming, and I've read that the other fort is as well. Even if you board the ship at 11, you only have until 9 to be out. Even if you have FTTF, between lunch, you'll be off no earlier than 11:45. If you're going to walk to el morro (tiring, but a nice walk), you'll be there around 12:15. And if you plan on eating dinner on the ship, you should be back before 8, ie en route to the ship at around 7:45. You may even want to eat earlier. So I would plan maybe one fort on departure day and one on debarkation day?

Unless of course you're going a pre / post cruise. Then you'll be fine!

Have fun!

Was their a Dr. Seuss brunch? We leave in 2 weeks and my son keeps asking about it. He loved it when we sailed in September.

Yes. On the sea day, there is Dr.Seuss brunch in the Golden Olympian Restaurant (midship), and a regular brunch in the Silver Olympian Restaurant (aft). I went to the regular brunch, so I can't speak on the food or cost of Dr.Seuss brunch, but it seems like you have experience. But yes it's on Liberty!

So excited for this review! We'll be sailing Liberty on 4/19! If you could post menus that would be fantastic! Did you try steakhouse? Did you use FTTF with this sailing, if so how was your experience? Thank you!

You can definitely get into both forts on one admission ticket. The ticket is even good for seven days, but that won't help out someone on an 8 day cruise.

The forts are wonderful, but give yourself plenty of time if you want to see all of them. We got off the ship around 10... and toured the forts and OSJ until around 4:30 or 5:00. We walked 7.5 miles and 33 flights of stairs.

We were on the repositioning cruise and we went to St. Kitts. Easy to get an island tour right in the port area for about $25 that will drop you off at a beach for a couple of hours then pick you up and take you back to the port. Port will also have lots of guys with monkeys, wanting to let you take your picture with them for a small fee. I did hear one guy exclaiming his wallet had been stolen at the port area when we returned, so be careful of that.

The beach they dropped us off at was Carambola Beach. 2 chairs and an umbrella was $30. Food and drink was pretty expensive too, but good.

Formal nights are the night after the sea day (Tuesday) and the night after Saint Kitts (Friday).

Am I correct in reading this as formal nights being on the Wednesday (Barbados day) and Saturday (Saint Maarten day)...because you use the word 'after'?