Just off Quantum - March29th

I am not much of a review guy so, I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. Aside from the embarkation delays due to the deep Noro cleanse, it was a great trip and ship! Only major complaint was the ship's lack of communication during the cleaning process. However, rather be safe than sorry!

Just off this ship as well. Stayed in the Royal Loft Suite which was spectacular, the photos online don't do it justice. Aside from the giant main balcony and the one for the guest bedroom, the master shower even has its own with a private jacuzzi on it. Absolutely beautiful all around.

As far as the ship, I definitely preferred Oasis and Allure, but there were aspects I liked more.

I found 270 to be greatly underutilized. It's such an amazing space that is absolutely dead past 10PM for no reason. They should really use this as a nightclub and do some of the other activities in there. Those giant robo-screens are off 80% of the time.

The service was REALLY spotty. I found it to be great at speciality restaurants. However, at various bars and in the Windjammer it was absolutely dreadful. Words can not express how rude some of the staff was on occasion. Guest Services too. I've never experienced such an inept staff. They "royally" messed up my account and then it took hours upon hours to fix it.

Any questions, I'm happy to answer.

Edited by TrojanUSC

We were on the same sailing. The first day was a mess. We did not board until 1 pm which I was ok with us because of the cleaning. What was hard was not being able to get in our room until 7:30 pm. We had to carry our luggage with us including to the Grande. I am surprise that RCCL did not give us something for free because of that day. We loved the food, ship and activities but the staff was not as knowledgeable because they were being trained for the trip to China.

Hi. I have a question if one of you good people would be happy to respond please. I am going on Anthem in 3 months time and have just tried to book the I-fly which I only found out yesterday is available to reserve. It would appear the only day available is day one quite early when we may not even have arrived. Is there any chance of being able to book on board - I mean do they keep some spaces back? It would seem unfair if we miss out otherwise - my two boys would be devastated.

I am also cruising in 3 months time and booked the ifly three weeks ago and only the first two days were available then. It seems to get booked up quick.

I suggest that you go and see the booking onboard as soon as you arrive on ship and get a different day if possible. Or book for day one just to make sure you have a place and then change it once on board.

Who was your cruise director? Ken Rush was supposed to sign off on March 29, and Jimmy Rhodes was supposed to return from his break. Can you confirm that Jimmy did indeed return, so I can update the CD list?

I am also cruising in 3 months time and booked the ifly three weeks ago and only the first two days were available then. It seems to get booked up quick.

I suggest that you go and see the booking onboard as soon as you arrive on ship and get a different day if possible. Or book for day one just to make sure you have a place and then change it once on board.

You will not have a problem just go early and book. There will be empty slots for all days. Just do it on the first or second day.

Who was your cruise director? Ken Rush was supposed to sign off on March 29, and Jimmy Rhodes was supposed to return from his break. Can you confirm that Jimmy did indeed return, so I can update the CD list?

Jimmy Rhodes is back. It was funny, his last day on the ship and we were getting off also in January. We returned on it and so did he. The only difference was he was staying on and we had to get off in Bayonne. 😞

We sail on Anthem in May, and they only released ifly to book online for the very first day. Subsequent days were never available to book online, so we're going to try and book when we board.

Jimmy Rhodes is back. It was funny, his last day on the ship and we were getting off also in January. We returned on it and so did he. The only difference was he was staying on and we had to get off in Bayonne.

Someone else had posted that Jimmy was going to do the transatlantic on Allure later this month, but I thought he was already scheduled for Quantum!

Thank you for the confirmation!

Did they ever open the roof at the indoor pool?

They opened one panel on each side Friday while still in warm weather. Didn't really give the outdoor feel. Disappointing as they are jamming 4000 people to the only outdoor pool on the last real nice/warm day. I've never seen "chair hoggery" like that in a long time. 2 "outdoor" pools might fix that!

They opened one panel on each side Friday while still in warm weather. Didn't really give the outdoor feel. Disappointing as they are jamming 4000 people to the only outdoor pool on the last real nice/warm day. I've never seen "chair hoggery" like that in a long time. 2 "outdoor" pools might fix that!

I was in the hot tubs in the indoor pool on Friday and had the perfect seat; got a great breeze coming in right on me. Was very nice....glad the weather warmed up enough so they did at least open one panel. I'm betting that with the temps we had today, they opened more than 1!

Hi. I have a question if one of you good people would be happy to respond please. I am going on Anthem in 3 months time and have just tried to book the I-fly which I only found out yesterday is available to reserve. It would appear the only day available is day one quite early when we may not even have arrived. Is there any chance of being able to book on board - I mean do they keep some spaces back? It would seem unfair if we miss out otherwise - my two boys would be devastated.

Hi, I didn't partake in the flying but I did hear there are stand by slots which provide alternative times over the length of the cruise. Stop by the iFly desk for details when you embark.

Hi, I didn't partake in the flying but I did hear there are stand by slots which provide alternative times over the length of the cruise. Stop by the iFly desk for details when you embark.

When I booked there was one day left too. You can show up for stand-by; basically you stand against a wall, they count how many people show up for their time slots, and if there is an empty seat first person in line gets to move in. 10-15 minutes later a new group shows up, and you get another chance. I did not hear anything about keeping empty slots for booking onboard, sorry.

What is offered for breakfast in 270? I keep reading about how that is a nice option. Are there tables in 270? What hours is it open for breakfast?

Thanks!

The hours can vary by day, depending on whether you are in port early or late, or are cruising. Cruising days were 7:30am - 11:00am. We had two days in port that were afternoon arrivals, so same times those days.

Food was warm breakfast sandwiches, bagels with various cream cheeses & lox, oatmeal, grits, fruit cups, yogurts, danishes...that kind of thing. There was a premium coffee spot (Seattle's Best) as well as the complimentary beverages. No eggs, bacon, that kind of stuff.

There are tables at the top area of 270, but you can bring the food to any seating area in 270. Very calm, quiet, relaxing atmosphere. You could take your breakfast to the chairs overlooking the huge back windows, eat while watching the waves behind you. Ahhhhh I want to go back.

What is offered for breakfast in 270? I keep reading about how that is a nice option. Are there tables in 270? What hours is it open for breakfast?

Thanks!

Breakfast sandwiches and other danish type items. Plenty of seating and i think they opened at 7:30 am

1) Is there any place to get a fruit smoothie - either complimentary or for a fee ?

2) For Diamond members, which bars and/or restaurants honored or didn't honor) the complimentary drink credits during "happy hour" ? I've heard a lot of conflicting info on this one.

Thank you !

Someone else had posted that Jimmy was going to do the transatlantic on Allure later this month, but I thought he was already scheduled for Quantum!

Thank you for the confirmation!

I'm sure you've already heard by now Donna, but just in case Jimmy is NOT on Quantum this sailing. Someone named Dru Pavlov has taken over. He posted in a FB group the following:

"Hello everyone, I think it's time for me to chime in. I have been transferred to the Allure. I'm going over to assist with the transition to Europe and dry dock. I hope to be returning to the Quantum, but for now I'm heading to Allure. Thanks for the amazing love you have shown me on this group.,it is greatly appreciated. I will return to QN. I am not sick, just a horse voice."