Just off The Gem April 6, 2015

lritch426

Do you recall what other cruisers did it Tortola?

Other types if excursions?

Taxi to beaches?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since it was raining when we arrived we did the island tour $20 per person $10 for small kids, 2 hour tour with 45 minutes at cane garden bay beach.We got lucky sun came out as soon as we got to the beach. If you took a taxi it was $8 per person each way.

Did you bring your own snorkel gear? I'm thinking about doing this excursion through ncl and could easily bring our plastic stuff for simple close in snorkeling but of course if they supply the real stuff on this excursion all the better

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We brought our own snorkeling gear with us. I don't even know if you can rent snorkeling gear anywhere in Virgin Gorda. We did snorkeling in three ports out of 4 this trip, so having our own was so much easier.

About the weather, it was raining while we were on the ferry to Gorda, but then it was sunny and beautiful, so I guess we got lucky.

Since it was raining when we arrived we did the island tour $20 per person $10 for small kids, 2 hour tour with 45 minutes at cane garden bay beach.We got lucky sun came out as soon as we got to the beach. If you took a taxi it was $8 per person each way.

My parents didn't go with us to Virgin Gorda, so they just picked a guy on the street who did a 2-hour tour for them for $15 per person, but they didn't stop at the beach. We were also there on Easter Monday, so all the shops were closed.

Glad you had a really good time. Can't wait for my turn on Oct. 20th. How many other ships were calling in Tortola that day? I just read a thread on the Tortola forum about crowding at the baths and I'm curious.

I looked at the Tortola cruise ship schedule, and for now the Gem is the only ship listed. I hope it stays that way!

Glad you had a really good time. Can't wait for my turn on Oct. 20th. How many other ships were calling in Tortola that day? I just read a thread on the Tortola forum about crowding at the baths and I'm curious.

I looked at the Tortola cruise ship schedule, and for now the Gem is the only ship listed. I hope it stays that way!

It's not only the ships in port. We were there with a Silver Seas ship but i'm not sure many of those cruisers went to Virgin Gorda. There are other boats doing excursions for land vacationers, as well as some who come from St. Thomas. There were many boats anchored and moored there with us (we did the Virgin Gorda Baths snorkel tour through NCL on March 18th Gem cruise).

The crowd is really only felt when you're walking on the paths through the boulders because they are very narrow and only can take one-way direction of people at a time in some places. The beach was a little crowded, but we still enjoyed the beautiful beach and water. I'm glad I walked the path once, but wouldn't do it again on another cruise.

I read on cc that surf and turf was back in the MDR? Do you know if this is true? If it is, do you know what night it was served?

Neither my husband nor I remember seeing it on the menu but we didn't eat there every night

Were there any renovations going on that you saw?

Just painting on our balcony roof , sides and railing. Always done when in port so never an issue. Rock wall was closed but never saw any activity there. Honestly for a ship going into dry dock it is very well maintained. It's obvious that the crew works very hard to keep the ship beautiful.

• 2 months later...

I posted something earlier and it did not go through and it was lengthy.

Do some research. Paradise. If there is more than 10 people there I'll buy you a drink Beach bar. Get a taxi no ship excursio9n.

Joe