Balcony question on Equinox

Cruizen Susan

We have always sailed in AQ and also went on many cabin crawls and stayed in many balconies on the slant.

The chairs are the same, they recline. The only difference in AQ on the S class is you also get footstools. Nothing extra for those with the larger balcony except for the space and being able to look into the balconies of those between the humps.

The footstools for me are too low so I usually use a few of the extra pillows in the cabin to elevate my legs. Also grab a few towels from the pool to add some extra cushion on the chairs. I am rather trim by a lot of effort and don't have any extra padding.

Happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Thanks!

Our one and only experience of being under the pool deck (in 1610 - also one of the large, coveted balcony cabins) was enough for us.

Every morning we heard the deck chairs being dragged into place around 7 am.

Now we stick with the A2s under the beauty shop.

(Also didn't particularly like the large overhang.)

Our last cruise we had 1610 on the Eclipse. About 3/4 of the overhead is a air intake. We had a constant dripping condensation problem the whole cruise. The chairs, tables, and everything else would get drops of water and then leave little piles of coarse salt, plus making everything sticky. While sitting out there you would also get "rained on" by the drips. We would wipe off the surfaces but it was a losing battle, we would also cover the chairs with towels from the pool to try and keep them dry and free of the salt. Complained to Guest services and all they did was say that they would have the attendant make sure that they wiped of the balcony.

It also gets very windy as the slant faces the bow.

We had this cabin a few times before and never had the condensation problem, but like the extra breeze.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

1605 is an awesome cabin. Aside from the extended balcony, it's got the best location on the ship.

Thank you!!! Great news! Since I posted my original question about this, I did some other research, and 1605 is extremely popular!! I didn't even realize it, when I choose it.

You just can't please all the people all the time, but most seem to love it!