Does Anyone Have a "Special Ship"?

cruisexlife

Hello,

I'm writing this thread because I just got off Liberty, and boy was she special. Her itinerary was great. But the actual ship itself felt very special to me. There was just something about it that I really enjoyed. I'm actually upset that it will be moving to Galveston.

Does anyone else have a ship in mind that they really enjoyed? Can't really name why, you just really liked?

Thought I would get some cruise memories rolling tonight! :D

I met my wife on my very first cruise -- the Carnival Ecstasy out of Galveston. Not the nicest ship but had a great time -- life changing.

We did a Anniversary cruise on the Carnival Liberty in 2013 out of Miami and that will forever be remembered (except the ending of the day in Cozumel -- fuzzy). Great cruise all around.

For me, it's the SPLENDOR. Not because of the actual ship, but because my wife and I sailed on her with my brother and sis in-law – it was their first and, unfortunately, my brother's last. He passed away from cancer exactly one year from the day we disembarked.

He told me over and over that it was the best time he had ever had in his life.

Another vote for the Pride. It was our first ship and we just love sailing on her. Just finished the 14 day repo and it was the best vacation of our lives. Can't wait to sail her again in February! :D

Hello,

I'm writing this thread because I just got off Liberty, and boy was she special. Her itinerary was great. But the actual ship itself felt very special to me. There was just something about it that I really enjoyed. I'm actually upset that it will be moving to Galveston.

Does anyone else have a ship in mind that they really enjoyed? Can't really name why, you just really liked?

Thought I would get some cruise memories rolling tonight! :D

The Spirit...took our first cruise ever...on her. She's a "spirit class" ship...which is my favorite. Love the space..the flow..the feel of that class of ships. I was sad when she was sent to Australia icon9.gif...sailed on her 6 times.

The Carnival Valor! I love her :) Hopefully I will love the Conquest just as much. I have never been on a Dream class but I am excited about the Vista.

I've sailed the Valor 7 times, but my favorite ship is the Disney Dream.

I sailed the Disney Dream with twin children and 4 grand kids, and we all watched the last launch of the Discovery shuttle just before sail away.

On Carnival, it would probably be the Victory, the first big-ship cruise I liked. I didn't especially like the ship on my first cruise on another cruise line, but I learned I liked big-ship cruising enough to want to do it again. I ended up taking the Victory 3 times, seahorse bruises and all. I'm quite looking forward to sailing the Sunshine, hopefully next October. My favorite/special cruise ship of all is the NCL Spirit.

But I don't think anything will ever match my love for the late, lamented M/V River Explorer from the old Riverbarge Excursion line. How I miss the 'barge!

ours is the miracle.:) been on her 3 times and loved it.

I also prefer the smaller ships. the elation, sensation and the ectasy. going on the fascination in October.:)

but, I guess the best ship is the one you are on now!!;)

Edited by linbobky

The Breeze.

She is a beautiful ship with tropical decor throughout and the design is perfect. The staff is wonderful. I have sailed on her twice and wish I had the time and money to sail on her each year, along with another vacation.

The Pride. I'm not sure what it was, but I just loved the ship. The layout is fantastic, the staff, the food, the guest to ship size ratio seemed to favor the guest compared to other ships, and of course the extended balconies all around the ship. Especially on port side since no one with an interior room walks down the hall as their doors are on the starboard side.

I also love the Breeze, but the Pride was a great ship, and I'm happy to be sailing on her sister the Legend in June for what will be a fantastic itinerary.

By LinerGuy:

For me, it's the SPLENDOR. Not because of the actual ship, but because my wife and I sailed on her with my brother and sis in-law – it was their first and, unfortunately, my brother's last. He passed away from cancer exactly one year from the day we disembarked.

He told me over and over that it was the best time he had ever had in his life.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

Love this thread...touched by your story....Godspeed to your dear Brother..I want to go on Disney Wonder...where mom had her last beautiful trip....just fine until getting home and a heart virus a month and then passing away...such a beautiful picture of her on deck looking at Alaska scenery..so that is another ship I look at pictures of a lot of the time.

I want to sneak my dad on a cruise..lol..getting to point he may be willing to try and I think Carnival on west coast will be best...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Love this thread...touched by your story....Godspeed to your dear Brother..I want to go on Disney Wonder...where mom had her last beautiful trip....just fine until getting home and a heart virus a month and then passing away...such a beautiful picture of her on deck looking at Alaska scenery..so that is another ship I look at pictures of a lot of the time.

Many thanks....so sorry to hear about you mother.

-Russ

Ours would be Miracle. We did our honeymoon on her and loved her over the top decor. Spirit class is so comfortable! We enjoy going to the fantasy class ships to see crew and officer friends. Favorite cabins are the coves; love the closeness to the water. Plan to try Breeze and Magic next year. We expect to love them, as well! :)

On an unrelated note: a few of the Carnival Live concerts are on flyers found on Liberty. We booked two; see below. Shirts from Miami told us they are working on getting Lionel Richie! Heard it here first, unless they make me a fibber! :)

Edited by 2Shoes2Go
Typo

I love the Pride. Passed by her so many times on Sundays when I was driving home from visiting my gr. daughter at college in College Park, Md . I decided to give her a try and fell in love with the layout, the crew and the food. Pride cruise #5 in two weeks.

My sentimental favorite is Disney Wonder. Took my mom on her first and only cruise on the Wonder. Five days after we returned she had a stroke and never fully recovered. We lost her the following year, but she had a picture from our cruise next to her bed and often talked about how much she'd enjoyed it.

Yes, but it's not Carnival. RCCL Mariner of the Seas. Loved my "hump" cabin. Love the separation between the adult pool area and the regular pool area. Really like the openness of the "Mall". She is my favorite ship of all time. :)

For Carnival, I would have to say the Liberty.

Edited by Out to sea!