Bermuda Aquarium, museum and zoo...

mintsugarcube

On our cruise to Bermuda we did an excursion which included the zoo etc. plus the caves. I thought they were all worthwhile doing. It was an official cruise line excursion through Princess. They used the local service buses, not actual tourist coaches, and our driver was "Big Feet" that was his nickname (they were ridiculously big). You could not get on the wrong bus. As it happened we did the zoos etc. first then on to the caves. When we got there it rained heavily; excellent planning, I thought. On the way back to the ship; it had stopped raining so Big Feet fitted in an impromptu, half hour beach stop by popular demand. I enjoyed the whole thing, what alternative would you do?

Regards John

Edited by john watson

On our cruise to Bermuda we did an excursion which included the zoo etc. plus the caves. I thought they were all worthwhile doing. It was an official cruise line excursion through Princess. They used the local service buses, not actual tourist coaches, and our driver was "Big Feet" that was his nickname (they were ridiculously big). You could not get on the wrong bus. As it happened we did the zoos etc. first then on to the caves. When we got there it rained heavily; excellent planning, I thought. On the way back to the ship; it had stopped raining so Big Feet fitted in an impromptu, half hour beach stop by popular demand. I enjoyed the whole thing, what alternative would you do?

Regards John

Truthfully, nothing instead of that. We planned on doing a little of the Dockyard, BAMZ and BUEI that day.

How long should I plan on visiting this attraction. Do you think 2 hours is enough or should I figure longer since it seems like it's actually 3 attractions?!

Thanks

My DH and I have been to the aquarium and zoo 3 times..and love it....It's 1 price and it's very reasonable..some of the animals walk around freely and I enjoy it..yes, it's small..but the aquarium and zoo I think are worth a visit...

Hubby and I did this attraction. It is not big at all, especially the Aquarium, but we enjoyed walking through, and there was a place out back that had a walking trail that meandered by the water from one attraction area to another. Not a beach, more of a rocky coastline experience. There were benches set back from the low cliff side so people could sit and enjoy the beautiful view. At least that's what I remember from our 2010 visit. We are going back next month and plan to visit the Aquarium and Zoo again when we do. One thing we just love about Bermuda - so many opportunities to just take in breathtaking views of the Island and the ocean. :)

Lorie

Edited by galensgrl

I just read in the on-line version of the Royal Gazette, that a major renovation will be completed at the Aquarium by mid June.

The building needed repairs following the last hurricanes.

The zoo, however, remains open.

We will be there June 10th. I'm guessing that's not far enough into mid-June?

Does that mean the aquarium won't be open at all? :eek:

Thanks