Restaurant recommendation in Miami

Family4Cruisin

You are walking distance from BAYSIDE which is a tourist haunt that locals poo-poo .... but hey, you ARE a tourist. It is filled with chain places and I'd avoid those. There are a few GOOD places hiding here tho as well as several nice bars water side for after dinner.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/dining-entertainment

I'd recommend Los Ranchos

A Miami favorite! Nicaraguan steakhouse specializing in perfectly marinated and grilled steaks and a selection of chicken and fresh seafood. Live entertainment daily. Indoor seating with views of the Bayside marina.

or Mambo

Latin and Cuban favorites including Palomilla steaks, Ropa Vieja, Vaca Frita, and so much more! Daily dinner and bar specials. Outdoor seating with views of the Bayside marina.

OR

many folks find a good time at down in Brickell .. the financial District ... a mile away and you WOULD want to take a taxi.

Often receiving good reviews is Perricone's (Italian) ... open 'til 11 nightly.

http://www.perricones.com/about-us

Edited by Capt_BJ

There's lots of choices at Bayside Mall as well as others in walking distance. All depends on what you are looking for. Regional/local, national chains, Italian, Cuban, Seafood......:p

Edited by eandj

You are walking distance from BAYSIDE which is a tourist haunt that locals poo-poo .... but hey, you ARE a tourist. It is filled with chain places and I'd avoid those. There are a few GOOD places hiding here tho as well as several nice bars water side for after dinner.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/dining-entertainment

I'd recommend Los Ranchos

A Miami favorite! Nicaraguan steakhouse specializing in perfectly marinated and grilled steaks and a selection of chicken and fresh seafood. Live entertainment daily. Indoor seating with views of the Bayside marina.

or Mambo

Latin and Cuban favorites including Palomilla steaks, Ropa Vieja, Vaca Frita, and so much more! Daily dinner and bar specials. Outdoor seating with views of the Bayside marina.

OR

many folks find a good time at down in Brickell .. the financial District ... a mile away and you WOULD want to take a taxi.

Often receiving good reviews is Perricone's (Italian) ... open 'til 11 nightly.

http://www.perricones.com/about-us

Thank you for the recommendations. I think we will try out Los Ranchos.

Toro Toro at the Intercontinental is excellent. Great happy hour and tapas.

I also really like Area 31 on the 16th floor of the Epic hotel. Great happy hour and amazing views of the Miami River and Biscayne Bay. Walking distance from Intercontinental.

Other options:

Ceviche 105 (Peruvian)

Fratelli Milano (Italian)

Havana Tea & Coffee Company (Latin wine bar & tapas)

Bali (Indonesian)

Soya e Pomodoro (Italian)

All above are within a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel and are neither chain restaurants nor touristy; mostly locals.

Edited by brunello22

When staying at the IC we had dinner at the Biscayne Tavern which is about a ten minute walk from the hotel. A lively place with good food. Will go there again before our next cruise.

We stopped in there for their breakfast buffet in october 2013. Great place and the buffet was excellent!