One Answer for the Missing Cruises

Keystonetraveler

From time to time, I see questions on this forum about cruises that seem to have disappeared from the list of those available. The usual answer seems to be that the ship has been chartered, but often no one seems to know by whom. Today, I was reading the online version of USA Today. In the travel section is an interesting article from March 30 titled:"Swinger cruises: A (very) adult playground."

On August 2, 2016, the Quest will embark on a 10-day clothing-optional swinger cruise. (This should make packing easy!) The cruise is described as having erotic theme parties. (I wonder if these will be Azamazing?) The experience is described as being appropriate for hedonistic couples and adventuresome nudists. (What do they wear to the white night party?) There is another such Quest cruise in 2017.

If anyone is interesting, search for the article and it will tell you the booking agencies.

These "special charters" happen fairly regularly on Quest and indeed, many other cruiselines, including Silversea.....not that I have ever been on one! :eek:

However we were on the cruise prior to one a few years ago and passengers were boarding as we were getting off the ship. Let's just say they were of all shapes, sizes, ages and appearance and leave it at that! :D

We were naturally curious about the cruise following ours and the crew told us that they bring their own "entertainment" onboard, so the Azamara entertainers, including the CD's usually have time off. The crew are told that they must make eye contact at all times and never let their gaze wander downwards! :D

Each to his own and all that.....but I hope they wear lots of sunscreen!

From time to time, I see questions on this forum about cruises that seem to have disappeared from the list of those available. The usual answer seems to be that the ship has been chartered, but often no one seems to know by whom. Today, I was reading the online version of USA Today. In the travel section is an interesting article from March 30 titled:"Swinger cruises: A (very) adult playground."

On August 2, 2016, the Quest will embark on a 10-day clothing-optional swinger cruise. (This should make packing easy!) The cruise is described as having erotic theme parties. (I wonder if these will be Azamazing?) The experience is described as being appropriate for hedonistic couples and adventuresome nudists. (What do they wear to the white night party?) There is another such Quest cruise in 2017.

If anyone is interesting, search for the article and it will tell you the booking agencies.

I don't know how that can be since we'll be embarking (or are booked on a Norwegian Fjords cruise) on Quest on August 11. Details below.

Region:

Departing:

Northern & Western Europe

August 11, 2016

Duration:

Ship:

15 Nights

Azamara Quest

I don't know how that can be since we'll be embarking (or are booked on a Norwegian Fjords cruise) on Quest on August 11. Details below.

Region:

Departing:

Northern & Western Europe

August 11, 2016

Duration:

Ship:

15 Nights

Azamara Quest

Looks like its a cruise immediately before yours. There is a gap in the available advertised cruises between the 11 night London to the Baltic sailing 22 July 2016 and your cruise, into which this charter would fit.

Edited by berkshireboy

These "special charters" happen fairly regularly on Quest and indeed, many other cruiselines, including Silversea.....not that I have ever been on one! :eek:

However we were on the cruise prior to one a few years ago and passengers were boarding as we were getting off the ship. Let's just say they were of all shapes, sizes, ages and appearance and leave it at that! :D

We were naturally curious about the cruise following ours and the crew told us that they bring their own "entertainment" onboard, so the Azamara entertainers, including the CD's usually have time off. The crew are told that they must make eye contact at all times and never let their gaze wander downwards! :D

Each to his own and all that.....but I hope they wear lots of sunscreen!

I know swingers cruises have been discussed before on here but really, I'm not sure if I want to follow a swinger's cruise. I would think the "clean up" would take more time than the normal turn around time. :eek:

This is one thread I wish I would not have read.

Looks like its a cruise immediately before yours. There is a gap in the available advertised cruises between the 11 night London to the Baltic sailing 22 July 2016 and your cruise, into which this charter would fit.

It is right before we embark...it's an 11 day cruise.

There is another 8 day cruise on Aug. 5, 2017 also on the Quest. :rolleyes: