Do the PVP's get commission...

rok233

Do the PVP's get commission per cabin sold, total cost of cabin, type of cabin sold or other?

Not sure this is true or not but this is what I was told...

Each PVP has a quota that they need to meet based on per cabin, not the total # of passengers, not the type of cabin... Once they have met their cabin quota, they are then entitled to "bonuses" ...

That's good to know. I get all of my cruises comped and I would feel so bad if my PVP wasn't getting commission for booking me. She is AWESOME and even gave me her personal cell to call anytime.

I too have been told there is a quota but that it is not based on dollar amount but rather number of bookings. The quota is to remain employed and bonus are awarded dependent upon how many bookings over the quota.

My PVP has never pressured me to book anything other than what I have requested. Of course she knows I know what I like and usually pick my stateroom before I even call.

And for those that ask why a PVP when I know what and when, because every once in a while I need info on staterooms not showing on the web site. I also enjoy the assistance when planning family cruises. I have built a relationship over the years and when I need the help she is there for me.

Mine is very aggressive with sending mails. I told him the other day that I have no interest in cruising on Carnival for the time being or at least until Vista comes online and Magic(after her refurb!) to Florida. No more mail for a couple of weeks now.

Most are on salary and get a bonus depending of the dollar value they sell in a month. They also have a point system based on the cabin type to earn cruises.

I've often wondered what kind of salary PVPs make. Some stay for years so it can't be too shabby.

Well I had one until today. He wasn't available yesterday (not working) so I booked online. I emailed him to let him know because I had some questions. The one sentence reply from him, well let's just say I won't call and book with him ever again.

You have to tell us what they said now. Don't leave us hanging.

For years, it was a base salary + a fixed amount per booking with a few extra incentives. But like with many jobs, the pay is being restructured.

Some PVP's stick around because they can make very good money, specially the longer they've been there. "Old timers" have an established clientele and large database. Some senior PVP's can easily make more than $100K a year.

Edited by Tapi

I guess if they don't book a certain number of cabins or volume, life is hard on them. If it gets too rough, they move on or are moved out. It certainly isn't a job I would want. Pretty much all sales most of which would be outbound. Not cold calling, but close to it. Our PVP always tends to call after we have already booked through a TA, usually because we have been poking around the Carnival site too. He gets rather grumpy when we tell him we booked through a TA.

You have to tell us what they said now. Don't leave us hanging.

Backing up a bit, he booked our recent Glory cruise that was not good. I get back and have email from PVP wanting to know how much we enjoyed our cruise. Since it was not a good cruise, I was honest in my email back to him about cabin steward skipping us, MDR staff uptight and unfriendly so we ate on Lido and so on. He replied genuinely concerned and wanted me to call him when I could but he was not working when I booked yesterday with family and friends so I emailed him my booking number with questions and this was his reply:

"When you don't book through me I have very limited access and what I can do."

SMH.

Backing up a bit, he booked our recent Glory cruise that was not good. I get back and have email from PVP wanting to know how much we enjoyed our cruise. Since it was not a good cruise, I was honest in my email back to him about cabin steward skipping us, MDR staff uptight and unfriendly so we ate on Lido and so on. He replied genuinely concerned and wanted me to call him when I could but he was not working when I booked yesterday with family and friends so I emailed him my booking number with questions and this was his reply:

SMH.

Wow. how rude. I would be tempted to call carnival. not necessarily to "tell" on him, but to request a new pvp and if the conversation comes up, i would be honest. When I book online, my pvp calls me about it and I assume she has full ownership of it since she is my pvp. I mean, that's how I got her to begin with was by booking on my own online and getting an email from one...

SMH.

Mine said the same thing over the phone and it wasn't rude at all. I asked her about upgrading and she said that because I booked online, the system limited the amount of changes she could do. She still helped as much as she could to get us the best available upgrade that she was allowed. In the end it worked out because that allowed us to discover cove balconies. Now I book only with her to have that piece of mind.

There's a limit to the type of tone you can tell in an email. I would call and have him explain. I doubt he was trying to be rude but rather just trying to explain the situation.

Wow. how rude. I would be tempted to call carnival. not necessarily to "tell" on him, but to request a new pvp and if the conversation comes up, i would be honest. When I book online, my pvp calls me about it and I assume she has full ownership of it since she is my pvp. I mean, that's how I got her to begin with was by booking on my own online and getting an email from one...

When you book online they don't get the credit according to my PVP. When I was booking my upcoming cruise I put a hold online, and then called my PVP to pay to ensure she gets the credit for. Mine is wonderful and only calls me if a certain special is going on that applies to a sailing that would be of interest. She hasn't told me she works for commission and I'd never ask as its not my business but she has mentioned excitement when I booked two cruises in two days and she said she had met her quota in the first 6 days of that month.

So from that I believe it's based on how many cabins they book, and not based on a money value because when I had pack and plays she kept saying book now while they're free, and wasn't trying to pressure me to a higher cabin category that cost more money.

If you can get a good PVP it's definitely worth booking with them because they can really help you out and usually have the correct amswer opposed to calling customer service.

I have had the same PVP for ten years. I have asked and he has told me many times he makes the SAME AMOUNT if book interior, OV or balcony. I have booked 1A and Spa level on Dream and balcony. But he never pressures me to book higher or more expensive cabin. I will say he always takes care of my ES price matches personally so they happen same day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums