Breakaway April 5 - 12, 2015

Hi, I just had to write this review about my cruise experience on NCL Breakaway. The Breakaway cruise was out of this world fabulous. The food was wonderful, the rooms spacious--we had a mini suite, the entertainment was top notch. But the best thing was the staff! I cried when it was over and I had to say goodbye to all the gracious people who work so hard for us. This cruise gets a 10/10 with merit.

Hi, I just had to write this review about my cruise experience on NCL Breakaway. The Breakaway cruise was out of this world fabulous. The food was wonderful, the rooms spacious--we had a mini suite, the entertainment was top notch. But the best thing was the staff! I cried when it was over and I had to say goodbye to all the gracious people who work so hard for us. This cruise gets a 10/10 with merit.

We are going on the Breakaway again in Sept. Going to stay in a mini suite but can't decide what deck. What mini suits dud you have? Was there a over hang on the balcony ? Thank you for any info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the post and also glad to hear good things.

I agree that Breakaway's crew is fantastic. We were on last year and loved it so much we are booked again for early fall this year (week before ncklhaus) and 2016.

Love Breakaway! We will be doing/seeing everything we missed the first time ;)

Happy Sailing!

The mini suite was great because it had such a spacious bathroom. The only thing that I might recommend is that when in Nassau, although I don't think the ship goes there after April 15th, I wouldn't bother with the Atlantic excursions. We went on the Discover Atlantic, which was interesting but rather pricey and not really worth it.. In hindsight I think I would have been just better off just walking along Bay St..

I keep reading that you don't need to make reservations for the shows- we are going on the Breakaway June 28th and I made reservations for the shows we want to attend on MyNCL

Not sure if it is still in "test" phase, but over the last month or so, anybody with reservations has been getting notified on the ship that the reservations are no longer valid and the shows are first come/ first serve now. I think the improve show is the only one still honoring reservations.

Glad you had such a great time! We are going on Breakaway in July and we can't wait.

Did you eat most of your dinners in the MDR? Did you go to any specialty restaurants? And...did you go to the Uptown Grill? I'm curious about the food as you can see! :)

Glad to hear you have such a great time. I admit to being nervous about the "no reservation" system for the shows (ROA especially) but I haven't heard much in the way of negative experiences.

Missing ROA is no big deal. We got right in, I wish we left as fast as we got in, But you should not have any problem if you arrive early

I sailed on the same cruise and thought it was average, the buffet was average at best (think it served up American style food, burgers, fries pizza etc), the Irish bar is so not Irish, it's just a place they serve food and drink, the beers are either watered down or are very poor alcohol %, there is more but it will turn into a rant. This was our second cruise, the first being with Royal Caribbean, personally I don't Norwegian cruise lines get any where near. Sorry to disappoint and future NCL cruisers.

Believe it or not, we ate almost everyday at the Garden Cafe! The selection was so diverse and all delicious. We had dinner once at the Manhattan Room and once at the Taste and Savor, they were both good. As regards the shows, you do not need to reserve. We saw Rock of Ages and rn the Floor. Both were excellent.