Theatre Problems on Britannia

Valentine1925

I have read that people are entering the theatre on Britannia up to 45 minutes before a performance in order to get a seat. For those of you who have already been on Britannia, does this include the 10.30pm performance? I will give shows a miss if it means having to be there that early. Thank you in advance.

I have read that people are entering the theatre on Britannia up to 45 minutes before a performance in order to get a seat. For those of you who have already been on Britannia, does this include the 10.30pm performance? I will give shows a miss if it means having to be there that early. Thank you in advance.

we never had a problem getting a seat at 7-30 when there was a show on and normally 10-30 on the maiden and we never went that early.

On the maiden we had now problem at 10:30 but every evening as we went down to dinner around 19:45 - 20:00 we used the front stairs, so landed close to the entrance to the theatre and there was a queue already there for the 20:30 show.

We named the ship the P&Q ship because I seemed to get peas on every meal that I ordered and we always seemed to see queues for the freedom dining restaurants, theatre, studio etc. lol

The theatre has a main design fault, because the 2 side seating areas can only be accessed via the central stairs. i.e the far end of the rows are against the wall. Therefore everybody sits from the 2 seats by the stairs inwards. & you have to keep getting up to let people get further into the row. We went to most 8:30 shows, & the theatre was at least 3/4 full by 8:10. On a plus note, the digital screens are AMAZING !

Our experience over the last two weeks was:

Guest Entertainers - shows at 8.30 and 10.30. Both were busy with the 10.30 being the least busy, full but not quite as necessary to queue up really early.

Ships Company - shows at 7.00, 8.30 and 10.30. 7.00 show full up by 10 mins before the performance. 8.30 show people were queuing 45 mins in advance with the House Full signs out by 15-20 mins before the show, 10.30 show full by 5-10 mins before performance.

We named the ship the P&Q ship because I seemed to get peas on every meal that I ordered and we always seemed to see queues for the freedom dining restaurants, theatre, studio etc. lol

Maybe the maiden was different but we were freedom dining over the last cruise and never queued and had a table immediately each evening apart from two (formals) when we took a buzzer and waited no longer than 25 mins. We usually ate between 7 and 8. Not sure about the peas but we only had them 3 times and the veg selection was generally excellent.

I've read the reviews on Britannia posted on this site, and there does appear to be a reoccurring theme in that there isn't enough public space to comfortably accommodate 3600 odd passengers.

Sorry but that is not the case we never had problems finding anywhere to sit inside the ship even the atrium there was always seats available. The only problem is the 8-30 show and that is a recurring problem on all the ships I have seen people queueing for the 8-30 show and people on first sitting rush there dinner and go without a dessert and coffee to get a good seat on Aurora so its not just a problem on big ships.

Edited by majortom10