Carnival sales

WhoDatNation

Who do they think they're fooling?!?!? Lol people that know how to read know this is not good "sales". The cruise I'm booked on, every time they have a "sale", it's $200 more than I paid. Am I the only one noticing this?

RCI has been doing this since May of last year with their BOGO half off the second person. Now they have free taxes and fees this week but the price of the balcony is $1500 plus.

Now NCL has jumped on the bandwagon in January and has a sale where you get free drinks all week, free gratuities,free specialty dining all week etc. Of course the prices went way up to cover the free stuff. $1149pp for a balcony in the beginning of February:eek:

They get enough people booking to justify this smoke and mirrors so it continues.

This way they don't have to have last minute discounts on the cabins. They just throw in something else that's free to the passenger that really doesn't cost them much.

Bill

Who do they think they're fooling?!?!? Lol people that know how to read know this is not good "sales". The cruise I'm booked on, every time they have a "sale", it's $200 more than I paid. Am I the only one noticing this?

These "sales" can be a good opportunity to catch savings on cruises in the next 2 or 3 months (those that are not selling as fast as Carnival feels they should be), but as you say, for most of us, booking early is the best way to a good price. Of course the low, eye catching "prices start at $$" are only for a couple of cruises Carnival wants to fill up, prices for all the rest of the cruises - no price change.

Every single vendor in the travel industry does this "prices start at $$$" marketing. Watch the ads along the margins in your browser as you visit travel industry websites. But, just as with Carnival, the cost for travel for the dates/places you want generally remains the same price.

What the heck? For a 4 or 5 day cruise?

It's the price pp for a 7-day Western Caribbean on the Dream. I booked it in April 2014. Early Saver rate.

I always book way in advance so that I can get the Stateroom I want.

We already booked our flights which are almost the same for a round-trip ticket.

I keep checking for a drop in my price, but because I booked so far in advance I don't see my aft-extended balcony going down to $523 anytime soon.

I have an aft wrap booked way in advance, and I'm also not really expecting much of a price drop, if at all. But, don't forget to check the details of the Early Saver prices. I was doing a mock booking today and noticed while the price hasn't changed, they are now offering $50 OBC. So I submitted the form and got approved right way for the OBC. I'll take whatever I can get! :-)

I usually never see a sale as being a sale.

But, this morning the Cruise N Choose sale was great for me!!! Each of my cruises were $60 cheaper and I received a $50 obc on each cruise!!!

$220 in my pocket, now this is a first for me when it comes to a sale!:D:D

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Some Carnival sales are BS but some result in savings. For instance just today I booked a cruise in a Lido balcony cabin on Breeze for my family of 4 next March. I've been watching it for months and with the current sale the cabin I wanted is $200 cheaper than it's been at any time so far and it came with $50 OBC to boot. And it's an early saver rate so we're still eligible for any future price drops.

I keep checking for a drop in my price, but because I booked so far in advance I don't see my aft-extended balcony going down to $523 anytime soon.

Our Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on the Breeze for next summer is $543pp. All taxes included! No sale! :)

Apparently it does work, since they keep doing it.....I have watched prices for a particular cruise for months and the price has been the same for every "sale". I have no doubt they may lower some prices if a cruise is not filling up, but to continually have a sale and make it look like you're getting a deal no matter which cruise, is ludicrous.

If the general John Doe does not pay attention, they may think they are getting a deal. :)

I don't see Carnival offering a lot of deals like OBC credit much, or free "pay" restaurant meals, drink packages, wine, etc. that some of the other lines offer. But, if they can fill the ships without doing that, why would they?