What time to schedule Car Service From San Francisco

skiladyldp

Hello, this is my first Princess Cruise. Our Cruise disembarks in San Francisco and I want to have order a car service to take us home to San Jose. We don't have to hurry so I want to leave the leave the ship at the latest time so what time should I have the car service arrive.

Thank you for your help, Virginia

Hello, this is my first Princess Cruise. Our Cruise disembarks in San Francisco and I want to have order a car service to take us home to San Jose. We don't have to hurry so I want to leave the leave the ship at the latest time so what time should I have the car service arrive.

Thank you for your help, Virginia

The latest time to get off is also for independent travel which is you and that was 11 a.m. This was from our RT cruise on the Star out of SF, 3/21-4/5/15.

If it is just one set fee, I would say around 11:30 a.m. If you have to pay for wait time make it 11:45 or so and then you might wait alittle.

Pooh

Also remember though, that you have to be out of your room by 8 a.m.

So be prepared for that. We ate breakfast (6:30-8:00 in Capri dining room) and then left room at exactly 8. If you want a nice place to wait that most people don't think of, go to the tour office room; they have about 10-12 nice chairs and nice quiet wait for you to use before going to your disembarkation location.

We were in the Princess Theatre and it was never crowded in there. So you could also wait in there even though you might not leave from there.

Pooh

Just did this last month- Customs and Immigration are a little slow, although if you are in a wheelchair or have young children they will move you to a shorter line. It took us nearly an hour at 9:30. I'm sure later the lines start to get much shorter, and would only take a few minutes- I would probably plan a 1/2 hour cushion in the last groups. The pick up is a little confusing and this is where a cell phone will really help out. We used a San Jose company so they were still pretty new to the port, but overall it is much smoother then the old pier 35!

We also did this last month. A few days before disembarkation you receive a questionnaire in your cabin. We completed the independent arrangement section and asked for 10:30am, latest time was 11am. Disembarkation was ahead of schedule and we left at 10am. You have to be out of your cabin by 8:00am so after breakfast there was lots of hanging around. Immigration took about 45 mins.

I met quite a few passengers on our cruise that were from the San Jose area. Many of them drove to the ferry terminal and parked their car at really low cost. They then took the ferry over to pier 1. Some walked to pier 27, some took a cab. You may wish to look into this option.

Are taxis out front waiting? We have an early (11:30) flight out of SFO so I am worried about using Princess transportation. (Cma2008 we are on the same cruise). Other suggestions?

Princess advises not to book any flight before 12:15pm. I do not know how long the taxi ride would be to the airport. I am assuming it is San Francisco International. That would mean you would have to be there by at least 10:00am for your 11:30 flight.

Others more travelled from the Pier to SFO may have better thoughts. :)

Are taxis out front waiting? We have an early (11:30) flight out of SFO so I am worried about using Princess transportation. (Cma2008 we are on the same cruise). Other suggestions?

You can arrange for a SuperShuttle and do self-assist to get off the ship. The ride to SFO is about 30-45 minutes depending on the traffic. If it's a weekday to the airport expect at least 45 minutes. If it's a weekend less time. SuperShuttle would be less expensive than taking a taxi. Make sure you get a SuperShuttle that takes you directly to the airport. Don't get on one that has to pick up extra passengers here and there across San Francisco. Be sure to tell SuperShuttle when your flight leaves. We've done this in the past - however, we parked our car at a hotel for free and got the SuperShuttle at the airport.

You can arrange for a SuperShuttle and do self-assist to get off the ship. The ride to SFO is about 30-45 minutes depending on the traffic. If it's a weekday to the airport expect at least 45 minutes. If it's a weekend less time. SuperShuttle would be less expensive than taking a taxi. Make sure you get a SuperShuttle that takes you directly to the airport. Don't get on one that has to pick up extra passengers here and there across San Francisco. Be sure to tell SuperShuttle when your flight leaves. We've done this in the past - however, we parked our car at a hotel for free and got the SuperShuttle at the airport.

Thank you. I'll give Supershuttle a call. We are in a suite, so I am hoping we can ask for an early time to disembark. I am an overpacker so there is no way we could do self assist after a 10 day Alaskan cruise.

Edited by jrobinso

I would not use the Princess transportation. Princess uses full buses and the bus has to be totally full before it leaves. Taxis are waiting at the curb when you exit the pier. Cost to SFO is around $60/$70. Last month those that had early disembark, wheeling their own luggage, started around 7am. The first standard disembarkation time was around 8am. Immigration took about 45 mins. You may be on a tight schedule so a private taxi may be the safest way to go. When we were at SFO on a Sunday morning and security lines were fairly long.

The early disembark is the way I would go, even if I were pulling two suitcases. We have learned to pack in one suitcase and one school daypack each. If it doesn't fit it doesn't go. Coats and jackets are worn, even it is hot outside. Try it, you require less than you may think.