On the Breakaway....ask away

BrPanthers99

I heard something about a dock being built at GSC so the Breakaway would never miss it. Did that occur?

No plans for a dock, but I heard that NCL is assessing a plan to add several new purpose-built tenders for GSC. I'm not sure if they intend to replace the aging "Little Norways" or merely supplement them. Either way, tender operations for GSC could use some improvement. Getting back to the ship at the end of the day can be exasperating, especially with Breakaway.

No plans for a dock, but I heard that NCL is assessing a plan to add several new purpose-built tenders for GSC. I'm not sure if they intend to replace the aging "Little Norways" or merely supplement them. Either way, tender operations for GSC could use some improvement. Getting back to the ship at the end of the day can be exasperating, especially with Breakaway.

I left around 2:30-3 and had no issue getting back

I am sailing on BA in June. Are the shows just general admission/first come first served now? Any point in reserving ahead of time?

I was allowed to precook rock of ages and burn the floor but they cancelled them a d made them first come first serve. Plan to get there 20-30 min early for a good seat

If you have the UDP and the UBP and order cocktails to your Haven Suite are the cocktails free of charge due to UBP or do they still charge for that in the Haven?

Harriet

The terms of the UBP state that it does not include room service period. There does not seem to be an exception for haven guests.

Edited by vince_g

How much do the photos cost per photo? DH and I are trying to figure out if it is best for us to buy one of the packages in advance. We would be buying photos in both sizes (I think 6x8 and 8x10 are the sizes) ...

Photos are mostly either $12.95 to $14.95 (prices varied also due to printed sizes) or $19.95 for the larger prints/formal or studio portraits. There's no need to prepaid them - same is offered onboard & who knows, they might even toss in a special bonus AND you can use OBC to offset payment for it - and ask for any applicable Latitudes tiered-discount if only buying a few & not going for the package.

... how big is a bag? Like how much can you fit in it

Been asked before & it's already on page 5 - paper bag is same size as those on CCL, 24" by 17" - it can hold a lot if you roll/squeeze/stuff them tightly.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2197776 - post #7

The terms of the UBP state that it does not include room service period. There does not seem to be an exception for haven guests.

See, but Haven and Suites don't use room service. They use their Butler.

I really need to find someone in a suite or Haven....who has the UBP....and ordered drinks to their room. I think I remember seeing a post here that said they were not charged by their Butler.

Harriet

How much do the photos cost per photo? DH and I are trying to figure out if it is best for us to buy one of the packages in advance. We would be buying photos in both sizes (I think 6x8 and 8x10 are the sizes). Thanks!

embarkation photo is 22.99 and most of the 5x7 are 12.95. We actually had a photo taken on deck while leaving and bought that one and saved about $10. Photo package was 10x$129. I don't see a reason to purchase it early unless it was cheaper.

honestly, I am not sure as I had the UDP.

On the breakaway last week I do not think the Haven had to pay the 7.95

embarkation photo is 22.99 and most of the 5x7 are 12.95. We actually had a photo taken on deck while leaving and bought that one and saved about $10. Photo package was 10x$129. I don't see a reason to purchase it early unless it was cheaper.

It's the same price, but if you purchase it in advance, they give you one free print in addition to the 10. Then there are two other larger packages. The largest give you 30 photos for $249 plus 5 more free, for a total of 35 photos.

Anyone know the price of smokes on the boat? We are considerate smokers that will stick to our designated areas :). I know they sell duty free which is usually cheap for smokes, but also they know we can't buy them anywhere else so need to know if we should buy before the trip

Anyone know the price of smokes on the boat?

On the BA last month, they're sold in duty-free for $42 per carton (Marlboro & Parliament) or $78 for 2 cartoons (and, more discount for 3 cartoons - since smokers will be bringing home less than the purchased quantity for customs declaration purposes, depending on of exemptions qualified for) Certain brands selling for less.

BrPathers99 can check out the most current prices.

embarkation photo is 22.99 and most of the 5x7 are 12.95 ...

Wow, embarkation photo is now $22.99 (that's up from $19.99 or a 15% increase) & most newbies tend to buy them if nothing else for the memories. :rolleyes: We, of course, walked right passed the photographer for the boarding one & declined. Another increase, that, we & most can 100% avoid and not be bothered with or disturbed by it ... just saying. :D

Anyone know the price of smokes on the boat? We are considerate smokers that will stick to our designated areas :). I know they sell duty free which is usually cheap for smokes, but also they know we can't buy them anywhere else so need to know if we should buy before the trip

They were selling cartons for about 3.20 a pack. Not sure what brand

Wow, embarkation photo is now $22.99 (that's up from $19.99 or a 15% increase) & most newbies tend to buy them if nothing else for the memories. :rolleyes: We, of course, walked right passed the photographer for the boarding one & declined. Another increase, that, we & most can 100% avoid and not be bothered with or disturbed by it ... just saying. :D

I am sure they have run the numbers to death, but I really believe if they cut the price of photos in half they would sell three times as many.

Are there kids menus for the MDRs? The two boys we'll be going with are picky but simple eaters, and I sincerely doubt they'd like any of the options seen on some of the MDR menus I've perused. Thanks.

As I recall from November, there are kids menus in the MDRs, I seem to recall, hot dogs, mac&cheese and other similar items.

If I may make a suggestion, our kids loved the kids club, so our system most nights was talking the kids to the buffet for their dinner, then dropping them at the kids club and the wife and I enjoyed a nice quiet dinner and show.

Any recommendations on days and times for shows or restaurants to avoid crowds or waiting?

Burn the floor was Mon and Fri

Rock of ages was Wed and Thurs

I had the UDP and had no issues but did make reservations. A few nights places were very busy