Back to backs

wilson2579

We have only done back to backs in the same cabin but there is no problem. The stewards will help you move into your new cabin. You will collect your new cruise card from reception and can either stay on ship or get off. If you do get off you get back on via the crew gangway.

Have a great cruise.

Sue

When we moved cabins we left all the clothes on hangers but packed the stuff out of the drawers. The steward cleaned the cabin we were going to first so we were in the new one by 9am. Housekeeping will contact you a couple of days beforehand to discuss it.

We have done a b2b and moved cabin.

Depends on the ship as to the nitty gritty as to what happens on the day.

Basically housekeeping will contact you during the first cruise to explain.

Anything on rails they moved. Anything else we had to pack in cases. We chose to wheel the cases ourselves to the new cabin, when it was ready.

See reception for your new cruise card.

Your account from the first cruise will be closed and card charged.

You will then have a new account opened for the new cabin.

We have always chosen to stay onboard, for those 2/3 hours you have the ship sort of to yourselves. Of course nowhere will be open, but its the perfect time to take pix.

Thanks for the info everyone. We have booked a mini cruise with daughter and partner for their 30th birthdays next year and now thinking hubby and I might stay on for the next cruise which is 6 days. Do you think it would be taking a chance waiting for a saver:eek::eek: I just know I probably couldn't wait for them to appear in case it got booked up.

Thanks for the info everyone. We have booked a mini cruise with daughter and partner for their 30th birthdays next year and now thinking hubby and I might stay on for the next cruise which is 6 days. Do you think it would be taking a chance waiting for a saver:eek::eek: I just know I probably couldn't wait for them to appear in case it got booked up.

Now do not forget if you do your back to back spend the last day in the lifts waiting for someone to say are you all packed? Then you can reply... No we are staying on.

;) ;) ;)

I would think it would be better to go for select price in this case...if it didn't go to saver at the grade you wanted, you wouldn't get to do the b2b.

To echo what Dai said, our last b2b, I was going up/down in the lifts with plastic bags stuffed full of laundry. Needless to say no one asked me if I was packed, but they probably thought I was dressed a little casual to disembark, and that my choice of luggage was a little strange!!

On our first b2b we did a short one followed by a long one. A lot of those boarding for the short one were taking their own luggage onboard, as I think it was a 2/3 dayer. We roll up with 4 large cases (I think) , they probably thought it was a slight case of over packing!!!!!

When we did a back to back on Azura, luckily we stayed in the same cabin, we were given our new cruise cards by Reception. We stayed on board for the day and enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching all the comings and goings - particularly the goings! What we did find was that near the sailing time we got a call from Reception to check we were on the ship. They told us that as we had new cruise cards it needed to be on the system that we had swiped the new cards - no-one told us that. Anyway Reception sorted it so we didn't have to go down again to have the cards swiped to show that we were on board. Maybe it was just that the person on Reception failed to do it when she issued us with the new cards as I've never heard anyone else say it happened to them.

We always book our B to B so we do not have to move - but on one occasion we had to move cabin and it was soooo easy, as someone said already, just move hangers with close on and we also took the drawers out and swapped with the empty ones in new Cabin - Stewards are great help and basically all we did was move our toiletries and personal b belongings from the safe - easy :):)

Well after a very long telephone call we have booked the back to back but unable to have the same cabin.........well we can have my daughters next door who is only doing the 1st cruise. When I asked if we could swap over for the 1st cruise and then we would be in the same cabin for the 2nd the girl said she needed to get permission to do this:confused::confused::confused: and will need to ring me back tomorrow. I have changed cabins before without any problem or have things changed recently???:eek: