estimate of Kuna in Dubrovnik

We plan to have Kuna with us in Dubrovnik. It is a 1 day visit. Can you give me a rough estimate for taxi, cable car,gate entrance, lunch for two, a little shopping? In other words what is a good amount to have on hand for the day.

Thanks, John

We plan to have Kuna with us in Dubrovnik. It is a 1 day visit. Can you give me a rough estimate for taxi, cable car,gate entrance, lunch for two, a little shopping? In other words what is a good amount to have on hand for the day.

Thanks, John

Over many years of helping fellow travelers we have often been asked this type of question. And our answer is always the same. It depends on you, what you do, and your personal habits. For example, you can spend $20 (140 Kuna) for lunch or $50 (about 350 Kuna) for lunch. Or perhaps you would do what we do and simply use a credit card to pay for lunch? At the cable car it will probably cost you about 108 Kuna per person (round trip) but, you could simply charge the tickets on a credit card (MC, Visa or AMEX). As to taxi fares, it depends on where you go :). As to a "little shopping" we know a couple that would spend over $1000 and call it a "little shopping" and then there is me who would call $5 too much shopping :).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Over many years of helping fellow travelers we have often been asked this type of question. And our answer is always the same. It depends on you, what you do, and your personal habits. For example, you can spend $20 (140 Kuna) for lunch or $50 (about 350 Kuna) for lunch. Or perhaps you would do what we do and simply use a credit card to pay for lunch? At the cable car it will probably cost you about 108 Kuna per person (round trip) but, you could simply charge the tickets on a credit card (MC, Visa or AMEX). As to taxi fares, it depends on where you go :). As to a "little shopping" we know a couple that would spend over $1000 and call it a "little shopping" and then there is me who would call $5 too much shopping :).

Hank

Plus, ATM machines are readily found in Dubrovnik -- if you don't have enough kuna, it's easy enough to top off your supply.

I had the equivalent of $150 US in Kuna for two days in Dubrovnik. The first day we took a ship tour and had some time to shop. The second day we walked the wall, had lunch, bought a bottle of wine, and did some other shopping. As we were getting ready to head back to the ship the second day we had a little left over so I stopped into a store and bought a pretty magnet that's still on my fridge and came home with maybe $2 worth of change.