Yet another drink question, easy one!

CathyCruises

Thanks, I know the drink prices are going up on April 20. My question is though, is there any difference between buying it now before hand or buying it on board on the 19th, before the increase?

To clarify further, let's say there wasn't going to be an increase on April 20. Is there any advantage to booking the drink package prior to boarding? Or is it the same price no matter when you buy it?

There is no benefit but paying in advance could result in frustration.

I had the 123 Promo when they first started. Twice I upgraded to the premium because there was confusion since it was a new promo about having to upgrade when choosing the drink pack.

It was charged on my credit card, and paid for. I got on board and two out of the five cruises that I had didn't have our drink pack listed on our Sign and Sail card. I had to go to guest relations and argue with them, showed them my invoice, emails and was told none of that meant anything as I was not shown on their list. I called my TA and thankfully they were avaialble and they called Celebrity and finally got it straightened out after 4 hours.

Ever since if I wanted to upgrade I did it on board and found it easier plus not having to fight for something that I paid for.

I would do the same if I wanted to purchase any package to eliminate that happening.

Drink up 🍹🍷🍸🍺🍻

Edited by miched

Thanks, I know the drink prices are going up on April 20. My question is though, is there any difference between buying it now before hand or buying it on board on the 19th, before the increase?

According to the official post, onboard prices have already increased:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2190579

Only by booking pre-cruise will you get the current prices, and only through the 19th.

Note that your reservation will be locked from changes ~4 days before sailing.

To clarify further, let's say there wasn't going to be an increase on April 20. Is there any advantage to booking the drink package prior to boarding? Or is it the same price no matter when you buy it?

Leaving price and any OBC aside, not really. You get the package pre-printed on your card vs. a sticker, but your card can always be re-printed. Also one time we were charged tax after upgrading right after boarding, but this isn't usual.

Edited by huskerc