Oasis Balcony Question

We have 3 couples planning to book ocean view balcony rooms next year on the Oasis. It looks like we can open the balcony dividers on 2 of the cabins but we would really love to have it opened up on all 3 cabins. I love to read cruise blogs and I've read where multiple families opened up all their balconies but can't remember what cruise line they were on. Does anyone know if this is possible on the Oasis?

Thank you and Happy Cruising!!! :D

We have 3 couples planning to book ocean view balcony rooms next year on the Oasis. It looks like we can open the balcony dividers on 2 of the cabins but we would really love to have it opened up on all 3 cabins. I love to read cruise blogs and I've read where multiple families opened up all their balconies but can't remember what cruise line they were on. Does anyone know if this is possible on the Oasis?

Thank you and Happy Cruising!!! :D

Yes, it's possible to open balcony dividers on Oasis, subject to the approval of ship's management.

Yes, it's possible to open balcony dividers on Oasis, subject to the approval of ship's management.

Thanks Bob! That makes my day! :) Do you know if approval has to be requested before the cruise or at guest services after boarding the ship?

We are SO excited about cruising on the Oasis, a year is just TOO far away! :rolleyes:

Thanks Bob! That makes my day! :) Do you know if approval has to be requested before the cruise or at guest services after boarding the ship?

We are SO excited about cruising on the Oasis, a year is just TOO far away! :rolleyes:

Just speak to your stateroom attendant.

Are these more desirable balcony rooms?

They are to some people. On Voyager/Freedom/Radiance class, they are conveniently located near the elevator lobby. The location of the balcony extending out from the side of the ship gives a more dramatic view.

Edited by clarea

They are to some people. On Voyager/Freedom/Radiance class, they are conveniently located near the elevator lobby. The location of the balcony extending out from the side of the ship gives a more dramatic view.

Wow, that's really great to know! I know there are some who say that the room isn't important because you're not in there much anyway but to me, the room is important. When I'm in there, I want to be able to always enjoy the ocean views because during a cruise is pretty much the only time I ever get to enjoy them!

Are the dividers able to open on the boardwalk balconies as well or just the outside balconies.

We had the room steward open our dividers to connect our 3 rooms on Allure of the Seas Boardwalk balconies. It made a nice long balcony where we could all gather to watch my 83 year old dad to the zip line and we could see the dive show.

The hump balconies on Oasis are almost twice as big as regular balconies. Here are a couple of pics.

IMG_1050_edited-1_zps2c419360.jpg

IMG_1051_edited-1_zps82599639.jpg

IMG_0926_zps3da2c7d2.jpg

The balcony with people was ours and the two to the right of it with the front portions open.

And just so you know, the entire partition is not remove, just the front portion of it. The smaller balconies with partitions removed will seem more like one big balcony because about half the partition is removed (on the hump balconies it amounts to only about 1/4 to 1/3 of the partition removed). Hope that makes sense.

Edited by The Sunset Glow

The hump balconies on Oasis are almost twice as big as regular balconies. Here are a couple of pics.

And just so you know, the entire partition is not remove, just the front portion of it. The smaller balconies with partitions removed will seem more like one big balcony because about half the partition is removed (on the hump balconies it amounts to only about 1/4 to 1/3 of the partition removed). Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for sharing your photos, I can see what you mean by extended balcony. Hmmmm, but now the dilemma. Three extended balconies that have more room but not so much of the open feel or three regular balconies that feel like one long balcony. Decisions, decisions... but those are the kind of decisions I enjoy worrying with, lol. :D

It's worth noting, at least when I was pricing out our cruise on the Oasis, these hump balcony rooms came with a fairly significant cost increase per room (~ $500 more per room for a 7 night cruise) vs the standard ocean view room w/ balcony.

It's worth noting, at least when I was pricing out our cruise on the Oasis, these hump balcony rooms came with a fairly significant cost increase per room (~ $500 more per room for a 7 night cruise) vs the standard ocean view room w/ balcony.

Another reason for the price difference is the fact that those staterooms can hold more than two guests, so they are in higher demand.

One thing to note is that if the rooms span across two different fire zones they may not be able to open the dividers. That being said, I unfortunately have no clue how to tell from the deck plans if span multipe fire zones. I know once you are on the ship it is easy. If there is a hallway door between the rooms, meaning the corridor is shut off not the rooms, then they spa two zones.