Carnival Price Dropped After Last payment

Gecko7

Does anyone know what Carnival will do if I noticed that the price for my same cabin type and location has dropped by about $300:eek:? I booked online and paid in full. Will they refund to an OBC for my cruise?

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know what Carnival will do if I noticed that the price for my same cabin type and location has dropped by about $300:eek:? I booked online and paid in full. Will they refund to an OBC for my cruise?

Thanks in advance.

What rate did you book under? You can only get price drop protection after final payment if you booked early saver. With the other rate categories, you can get protection until final payment, but none after.

Edited by djcass4199

What rate did you book under? You can only get price drop protection after final payment if you booked early saver. With the other rate categories, you can get protection until final payment, but none after.

I know that with airline fares if all remains the same booking class, dates etc, they'll refund the difference less any fees if applicable. Seems unfair to pay a higher rate if all things are equal and they lower the rate after you're paid in full. I booked when i did to avoid missing out on the cabin, now that they have a surplus I get jacked?:eek::mad:

24 hours later, mine dropped by $50 and offered double the onboard credit. However, since I booked using the Pick and Pack, I had to pay all up front. When I called them to ask about the new deal, within the 48 timeframe of booking my cruise, they said since I paid in full, there was nothing they could do. It was a done deal.

Next time I will wait longer.

HOWEVER, I did get a call yesterday from Carnival and upgraded to a balcony room for $300 more, which was a great deal! AND I got to pick the room I wanted (which is the opposite of what Pick and Pack is). So I'm really happy!

24 hours later, mine dropped by $50 and offered double the onboard credit. However, since I booked using the Pick and Pack, I had to pay all up front. When I called them to ask about the new deal, within the 48 timeframe of booking my cruise, they said since I paid in full, there was nothing they could do. It was a done deal.

Next time I will wait longer.

HOWEVER, I did get a call yesterday from Carnival and upgraded to a balcony room for $300 more, which was a great deal! AND I got to pick the room I wanted (which is the opposite of what Pick and Pack is). So I'm really happy!

I booked a week ago and paid in full since it was inside the 90 days to sailing.

I know that with airline fares if all remains the same booking class, dates etc, they'll refund the difference less any fees if applicable. Seems unfair to pay a higher rate if all things are equal and they lower the rate after you're paid in full. I booked when i did to avoid missing out on the cabin, now that they have a surplus I get jacked?:eek::mad:

Call and ask for an upgrade.

This proves how important it is to know the rules of the fare one is buying.

Buying a cruise constitutes contract between you and Carnival. Each different fare category has different rules/restrictions. You must understand the "fine print".

Buyer beware !

You did not get jacked. People really should read the rules before they book. I booked a year in advance to get the cabin I wanted but I also booked Early Saver which allows me to price match up until 2 days before sailing.

There are penalties for booking Early Saver which does price match past final payment. Just wondering why you think one should be able to price match when ever they want? Other cruise lines do not even have Early Saver and after final payment they do NOT give one an obc because the price went down.

I would suggest to quit looking at the prices and next time book early enough to book Early Saver if you want to price match.

You did not get jacked. People really should read the rules before they book. I booked a year in advance to get the cabin I wanted but I also booked Early Saver which allows me to price match up until 2 days before sailing.

There are penalties for booking Early Saver which does price match past final payment. Just wondering why you think one should be able to price match when ever they want? Other cruise lines do not even have Early Saver and after final payment they do NOT give one an obc because the price went down.

I would suggest to quit looking at the prices and next time book early enough to book Early Saver if you want to price match.

Good post, ready2cruzagain. People should understand what fare they booked. Unless you book ES with all of the restrictions, you can't expect to get the price drops after final payment date.

OP - quit looking at prices and look forward to your cruise.

With regard to airlines, they will not refund you anything, unless you paid for a full price ticket, which who does that anymore? At most, you can get a credit for the difference good for one year from the date the ticket was issued.

As frustrating as it is when you see a price drop and it's past final payment, just be glad they can't come back and ask for more money if prices go up. The Vista TA is up more than $3000 from the price I paid, so I'm happy I got the price I did.

Bottom line, we can't have it both ways!

The only airlines that I know of that will give a credit voucher for price drops is Southwest.....it's "tough luck" with all the rest....nothing, nada for pricing variations for all fares except FULL PRICE refundable fares....and who can afford to buy those??? :confused:

Sometimes these pricing things don't seem "fair" to us when they aren't in our favor, but try to look at it this way: Those who booked the same cruise under Early Saver (many months and maybe even a year or more ago) had to pay a nonrefundable deposit. With that nonrefundable deposit, they have the right to price matches (or OBC) up until 2 days prior to sail date. Carnival instituted this policy to entice people to book early and lay down that deposit money, which comes with $50 pp fee for changes or cancellations, and Carnival holds on to the remainder of that deposit for a future cruise that has to be booked within a certain timeframe, or it goes "poof." Booking ES is kind of a gamble, but one that many people use often and successfully.

If Carnival gave anybody who booked any fare other than Early Saver an OBC after final payment due date, who would bother to book early and pay a nonrefundable deposit for Early Saver with its restrictions? Not anybody who knew better...

If you had waited, maybe the cabin you wanted would have been booked. You booked it for a price you were willing to pay, so my advice (and I try to follow my own advice, even though curiosity gets to me sometimes ;)) is to stop looking at the prices unless you want to upgrade. It just causes frustration.

Hope you have a great cruise regardless. :)