Lighter Fluid allowed on CCL?

Avril

I have a refillable, windproof, waterproof lighter that I use for cruising (I'm a smoker). I'm sailing on the Vista in October 2016 and am wondering if I could bring a bottle of lighter fluid onboard (in my checked luggage of course) so I can refill it during the cruise if I need to. It's a 13 day cruise (the Transatlantic) so I'm a bit worried about wether it hold enough fuel for that long without having to refill it. I've never used it on my Carnival cruises before so never thought about wether it would be allowed or not.

Thanks!! :D

Edited by Avril

Ya, I was thinking that. Just wanted to make sure. However, if I put it in my checked luggage, how would they know it was there (or what was in the bottle)?

Edited by Avril

Ya, I was thinking that. Just wanted to make sure. However, if I put it in my checked luggage, how would they know it was there (or what was in the bottle)?

please think twice before trying to sneak in very flammable liquids

I have a refillable, windproof, waterproof lighter that I use for cruising (I'm a smoker). I'm sailing on the Vista in October 2016 and am wondering if I could bring a bottle of lighter fluid onboard (in my checked luggage of course) so I can refill it during the cruise if I need to. It's a 13 day cruise (the Transatlantic) so I'm a bit worried about wether it hold enough fuel for that long without having to refill it. I've never used it on my Carnival cruises before so never thought about wether it would be allowed or not.

Thanks!! :D

From the Carnival website:

Prohibited Items – will be disposed of prior to boarding

• Large coolers (Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.)

• Alcohol in unsealed containers

• Firearms (Including, non-firing weapons and starter pistols)

• Ammunition (i.e., bullets, shot or missile that can be fired using a propellant)

• Imitation or replica weapons (Including., de-commissioned weapons or those not capable of being fired, toy weapons, or any other item made, intended or adapted to be used as a weapon)

• Explosives or explosive component parts, (Including, detonators)

• Fireworks or pyrotechnics (except those previously approved in connection with a company stage production which have been properly manifested)

• Taser or electronic stun guns

• Pepper or mace sprays

• Telescopic or regular batons

• Martial arts equipment (Including; flails, throwing stars, belt buckle knives, etc.)

• Handcuffs, brass knuckles

• Compressed gas bottles/cylinders

(Medical gas bottles/oxygen cylinders: Allowed in connection with a certified medical condition but cannot be packed in baggage. Oxygen cylinders must be delivered to guest services and stored in a designated safe area.)

• Knives with blades longer than four (4) inches ( Recreational dive knives are allowed but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise.)

• Dive tanks (empty or full), diver spears/slings

• Household goods or tools of trade (Anything not listed under Exceptions)

• Candles

• Incense

Volatile and highly flammable liquids such as cigarette lighter fluid

• Scissors with blades longer than four (4) inches (Large scissors of the type used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held onboard in the same manner as dive knives.)

• Medical Marijuana, Kava

• Bicycles

• Surfboards - (Boogie Boards no more than 42 Inches in length are allowed for use in port only and must be stored in guest’s stateroom)

• Scooters (only permitted if used for mobility – must be stored in guest’s stateroom)

• Boats/canoes

• Segways

• Any footwear with wheels, i.e. Heely’s type shoes

• Lasers

• Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB)

• Any Radio Controlled Flying Toys

Luggage is xrayed. If something weird shows up, the luggage can be manually searched.

Please don't bring it. I'm on that cruise. Bring disposables....thank you.

Can I bring 2 already full? Don't worry, I wouldn't do anything to risk the safety of the ship and her passengers and crew unless Carnival said I was allowed to bring it on. You'll be perfectly safe, I promise!! :D See you onboard.