Is Splendor coming back to Long Beach?

InTheWASide

Fingers still crossed... have been wondering if there's a chance it will come back but be seasonal and split her time in Alaska... With the sliding dome cover on the pool the ship is built for cool climates. John said so himself when I was chatting with him on a previous cruise on Splendor where he was the CD. (we were on about a month before the fire)

Just posted in the dancing of the ships thread that I see sailings for Splendor on the Carnival website through April 2017 from Miami.

That seems inaccurate. Just check right now and it still only goes up to Oct 2016. John said there might be some dancing of the ships this week so hopefully we figure out the mystery soon.

That seems inaccurate. Just check right now and it still only goes up to Oct 2016. John said there might be some dancing of the ships this week so hopefully we figure out the mystery soon.

You're right. I'm sorry. I had two ships checked. The Splendor stops at October.

I wish they would go ahead and announce the rest of the deployments already, then people wouldn't have to try and figure it out. Seriously!!!

You're right. I'm sorry. I had two ships checked. The Splendor stops at October.

I wish they would go ahead and announce the rest of the deployments already, then people wouldn't have to try and figure it out. Seriously!!!

October/November would be a pretty good time of year if they want to go around the horn...

Otherwise if they can/choose to do the new Panama Canal option that would be cool too

I have a cruise booked on the Splendor for February 2016 out of Miami, sure hope it doesn't get changed unless it is on a larger ship and I sure don't want to give up my corner wrap balcony. I won't be a happy camper:mad:

The Spirit class is probably the favorite here (on cruise critic) but that does not take anything away from the Splendor (we have sailed her three times). My only comment was that the Splendor has already done a tour on the west coast and maybe a Conquest class ship would be a "new" ship for the west coast.

I totally agree. I have nothing against the Splendor, but I've already done the MR on her. It would be nice to have a "new" ship out here. :)

Kailua is on Oahu, same island as Honolulu.

Yes, it is. I was just answering the question about Splendor not docking in Kauai.

Then I added the information about Kailua to show that people's speculation that the Splendor coming back to the West Coast was possibly on track as it was scheduled to dock at a Hawaiian port in October and December of 2017. Unless Hawaii has relaxed its restrictions, I doubt the Solendor would port at Kauai.

Edited by kteachcruiser52
Left out a word

I have a cruise booked on the Splendor for February 2016 out of Miami, sure hope it doesn't get changed unless it is on a larger ship and I sure don't want to give up my corner wrap balcony. I won't be a happy camper:mad:

Unless it's one on the ships on order, I think this is the largest one of the fleet

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

The ship was jinxed before it left last time. Crashed into another ship, captain had to be replaced due to health problems, the fire, and a tour getting robbed!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Don't forget, she destroyed one of the Puerto Vallarta docks as well.

We were on the RCL Radiance when she hit us in PV.:eek:

I'm not a fan of the Splendor. They need to send the West Coast a true 2.0 upgraded ship.

The ship was jinxed before it left last time. Crashed into another ship, captain had to be replaced due to health problems, the fire, and a tour getting robbed!

We were on the Splendor and the gangway in Long Beach couldn't connect. Debarkation didn't start until about 11.:rolleyes:

Not thrilled about the Splendor coming back to Long Beach. I feel the public areas are crowded. The only good thing I like about the Splendor is the Tandoor Grill.

I think you're going to be ok. Splendor is in Miami until atleast Fall 2016 so I don't think they are going to move it before then. They'd have to cancel dozens of cruises through spring and summer 2016 if they did.

"One more big dancing move to come soon" I feel Splendor is coming back home! I guess they're saving the best for last!

You sure do love the Splendor don't ya:)? It's an OK ship:rolleyes:. Shes not the best of the fleet, doesn't give me that "wow: factor

Edited by Georgie562

You sure do love the Splendor don't ya:)? It's an OK ship:rolleyes:. Shes not the best of the fleet, doesn't give me that "wow: factor

I sure do! She's my favorite ship! It's going to be nice to have a big ship in Long Beach again

Don't forget, she destroyed one of the Puerto Vallarta docks as well.

We were on the RCL Radiance when she hit us in PV.:eek:

I'm not a fan of the Splendor. They need to send the West Coast a true 2.0 upgraded ship.

I second this. They should of sent the Sunshine. Its a bit smaller than the Splendor and the Sunshine would of filled up or sold more than the Splendor I would think.

I second this. They should of sent the Sunshine. Its a bit smaller than the Splendor and the Sunshine would of filled up or sold more than the Splendor I would think.

THIS!!!!!

I cruised with CD Calvyn, Heald's BFF on the Imagination, and asked why CCL hates the West Coast. He said cruises rarely sell out (even though they later announced we were on a sold-out cruise) and I told him that if there was something good here, it would sell out!!

Imagination and Inspiration are great ships, but they are nearly identical. I absolutely love the miracle, but even with her recent makeover, she is nowhere near the caliber of the more updated ships. Is it too much to ask to get a hamburger or a burrito?[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS!!!!!

I cruised with CD Calvyn, Heald's BFF on the Imagination, and asked why CCL hates the West Coast. He said cruises rarely sell out (even though they later announced we were on a sold-out cruise) and I told him that if there was something good here, it would sell out!!

Imagination and Inspiration are great ships, but they are nearly identical. I absolutely love the miracle, but even with her recent makeover, she is nowhere near the caliber of the more updated ships. Is it too much to ask to get a hamburger or a burrito?[emoji16]

If it's not selling out why send a ship bigger than the Spirit class?

FWIW hopefully Calvyn figured out how to do a proper muster drill. That was one cruise I was truly scared if something went wrong.

If it's not selling out why send a ship bigger than the Spirit class?

FWIW hopefully Calvyn figured out how to do a proper muster drill. That was one cruise I was truly scared if something went wrong.

I'm not sure it's quantity so much as quality... The newer restaurants and such.

And no... The muster was ridiculous. Good to see some things haven't changed! Lol

So, just to clarify, we don't know, for sure, what ship we will be getting on the west, right? I've really been hoping for a ship that has Guy's and Blue Iguana.

Nothing is confirmed yet. There's only 2 ships who's future home ports are yet to be announced, and those 2 ships are Miracle and Splendor. So it's a high possibility splendor will be coming back. Just have to wait for the official announcement. Miracle is going to Tampa, and Splendor most likely will be coming back to LB.

... Recently went on the Ruby Princess a few weeks ago and loved the layout of the ship, and it was bigger than the Miracle. Ironically, we sailed right next to Miracle on the first sea day!

That ship has an excellent layout. Great pizza as well.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy