Room selection on Getaway

We were happy with our room on the 13th floor. I did feel a bit of motion, but I am sensitive. We were 13196. It was mid-ship but still close to front elevators. The back ones were a bit of a walk, but after what we ate, no big deal. I could at times hear the music up top but nothing that was a problem. Also, we were on the port side and had a beautiful view of the fireworks.

We were happy with our room on the 13th floor. I did feel a bit of motion, but I am sensitive. We were 13196. It was mid-ship but still close to front elevators. The back ones were a bit of a walk, but after what we ate, no big deal. I could at times hear the music up top but nothing that was a problem. Also, we were on the port side and had a beautiful view of the fireworks.

What are these fireworks I keep reading about? Do they have them on every cruise or just certain occasions and/or ships?

What is the best floor for a balcony room? I'm looking at mid-ship on 11 or 13. Any problems with either of these?

Both floors are good as you have a buffer floor between you and the buffet and pool deck. Would also suggest you look at how far a distance your cabin is from the elevator banks. On most ships there is a central elevator and being midship is a prized location, however Getaway & Breakaway do not have this due to the placement of the venues on decks 6/7/8.

If you are more sensitive to movement, mid-ship on a lower floor has less movement. It's never bothered us but some might want to consider.

TJV123 look at the ship diagrams on NCL's site. AS long as there are only cabins on the floor above and the floor below your cabin, it should be great. I would avoid cabins that are directly above or below venues like dance clubs, theater, kids play area. Other than that, it should be a good cabin.

We were 13870, which is right at the aft elevators, and an angled balcony, so about 50% larger for the same price. We loved it, and have basically the same location booked twice on Escape. It's easy access to everything. If you want port side, you can do the same cabin but opposite. Check the deck plans.

Edited by LrgPizza

I just booked and tried to get this room, but I don't think it was available. I did end up on the 13th floor.