Arcadia - Fore or Aft

shallwe

I'm looking to book Arcadia for next year and have been searching online for comments as whether fore or aft cabins are better. I can't justify midships so it has to be either fore or aft, although it will be on a higher level (deck B).

So far I've drawn a blank with my search.

Normally I don't choose aft because of possibility of vibrations etc. So far I haven't come across one single comment that this is a problem.

Now I've decided to come to the experts - you! Your comments would be appreciated.

I haven't been on Arcadia, so can't comment specifically on that ship.

Can't say that I've ever really noticed any problem of vibrations in cabins towards the aft of a ship, and Arcadia certainly isn't known for having a vibration.

I think that Forward cabins tend to experience more movement in rough weather though, if that's an issue for you.

I had a forward inside on B deck. no problems with noise or vibration.

I always choose forward as that way there is no chance of propellor vibration or exhaust duct noise.

Which is best for movement in high seas? It is like a see-saw, the front goes up, the back goes down etc etc. If you are exactly in the middle you describe a gentle arc depending how far the cabin is above the ships centre of ???? thingaby, doubrie, whatsit :confused::)

If you don't mind being right at the back of the ship, the cabins across the back have bigger balconies although some may be partially overlooked from above. Presumably more movement than mid ships but no vibration that I have noticed.

The worst cabin we have ever had was on Arcadia, it was a balcony cabin on deck E, E1 forward. The vibration, juddering, swaying & noise was just awful. In bed at night, it felt as if someone was shaking the bed! When we docked, the noise of the anchor and an observation platform being extended just below our cabin was absolutely frightening and horrendous, especially early in the morning, waking us up. The metal fronted balcony meant you had to stand up to see anything and when it rained the balcony flooded. We wished we had gone for an inside cabin in the middle of the ship. We did not chose this cabin as we had gone for a guarantee balcony cabin, but this balcony was a complete waste of money. Never again!

We prefer Aft on B deck. We have been in B 12 and found the movement uncomfortable. We have also stayed in B150 which is right on the aft and other than some vibration as we came into port we didn't feel much movement at all and we were on board for 59 nights through all sorts of weather. Aft is also easier for the lovely aft deck pool area.

Sue