Question about medical services Royal Caribbean Adv. of Sea

While on board the Adventure of the Sea, my son fell rollerblading. We took him to the ship's doctor, who examined him, x-rayed and splinted him, and sent us to an orthopedist in St. Lucia.

I signed an authorization for payment form, but received no bill.

As of checkout, there was no charge on my folio for medical services.

Anyone have any experience in this regard? Should it have already been posted? Should I expect to receive something later down the road? We have private insurance to which we can submit, and we had travel insurance, so I am not overly concerned about the charge itself - just wondering if we slipped through the cracks or this is a "dont worry, they know about it, and you will recieve a bill"

thanks,

mixplix

While on board the Adventure of the Sea, my son fell rollerblading. We took him to the ship's doctor, who examined him, x-rayed and splinted him, and sent us to an orthopedist in St. Lucia.

I signed an authorization for payment form, but received no bill.

As of checkout, there was no charge on my folio for medical services.

Anyone have any experience in this regard? Should it have already been posted? Should I expect to receive something later down the road? We have private insurance to which we can submit, and we had travel insurance, so I am not overly concerned about the charge itself - just wondering if we slipped through the cracks or this is a "dont worry, they know about it, and you will recieve a bill"

thanks,

mixplix

I would have expected you to be billed while on the ship. Maybe they decided to eat the charge since it was an accident during a ship board activity.

Several years ago my daughter required medical treatment. Once her treatment was complete, an itemized statement as well as her medical records were delivered to our stateroom so I could file with my insurances. The charges were on my folio. On the up side, I got double points using my RC credit card:)

i fell during a show, saw dr , no bill.... i broke my toe moving my suitcase, saw dr , no bill.

I've seen posts before, where, if an accident occurred on the ship, then no charges were made for medical services.
Edited by palofmine