Mykonos

Suds70

The town is very compact, the line of windmills behind "Little Venice" is a ten minute walk from the harbour. As long as you don't get lost in the little alleyways :D

Ships will either:

- berth about 1.5 miles north of the town, which means ship's overpriced shuttle or shared taxi

or

- moor offshore & tender (I think all ships use local boats, very efficient) right into the harbour.

One of the rare occasions when tendering is better than tying up.

Lovely little town of immaculate little twisting alleyways.

Say hello to the town's pet pelican for me, afternoons he usually patrols the harbour- front.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

I will have a 1 year old with me. Do you think this will be an issue? Usually I don't book tours for places like this but having the little one with me is making me think twice. Thoughts?

Junior will be much less problematic in Mykonos than other places I can think of.

No worries, do your own thing. :cool:

JB :)

I will have a 1 year old with me. Do you think this will be an issue? Usually I don't book tours for places like this but having the little one with me is making me think twice. Thoughts?

With a stroller, you'll have no problem exploring the town. If you are docked and need to use the water bus I am sure that the stroller can be stored with your child travelling on your knee.

It's a beautiful little town, enjoy :)

Edited by Bootsy15

Don't get dragged into paying high prices for a ship transfer. The shuttle boat is just outside the ship dock, really good value and takes you to the town centre. The streets are fine for a stroller and there is a little beach there, nothing fancy but it can get jellyfish so take care

The little one will love seeking out the pelican or watching the cats hang around the sea front fish cleaning stand looking for bits

Don't get dragged into paying high prices for a ship transfer. The shuttle boat is just outside the ship dock, really good value and takes you to the town centre. The streets are fine for a stroller and there is a little beach there, nothing fancy but it can get jellyfish so take care

The little one will love seeking out the pelican or watching the cats hang around the sea front fish cleaning stand looking for bits

Thanks so much for your experienced advice. Really appreciate it!

We are docked in Mykonos right now, on the Celebrity Reflection. Celebrity provided free shuttle buses from the dock to the edge of town. There were many of them, never had to wait for one.

We are docked in Mykonos right now, on the Celebrity Reflection. Celebrity provided free shuttle buses from the dock to the edge of town. There were many of them, never had to wait for one.

Awesome info!! That's also cool that you're on Cruise Critic helping other cruisers WHILE on a cruise...thanks! I'll be on your same itinerary in 4 weeks. Will you be posting a review?

FREE TRANSPORTATION BY CELEBRITY? WOW! That's good news!

About time too, they were charging $12 each last year

We tendered with ncl one time and the other we paid approx $12 each but it's a lot cheaper to use the water taxi

Thank you Tiggertastic. We won't have anything booked for the day in port so we will likely just use the water taxi and make it a lazy day not dependent on a schedule......other than making it back to the ship on time;)

We tendered with ncl one time and the other we paid approx $12 each but it's a lot cheaper to use the water taxi

I just had a look at the NCL Dailies from a recent Med cruise and it mentioned a shuttle service.

"Shuttle Bus Information: A complimentary shuttle service will run throughout the day. The shuttle will run approximately every 30 minutes from the ship to the town area. The last shuttle back from Mykonos to the ship is at 2:00pm" The all aboard for this particular cruise was listed for 2:30pm.

Hopefully this service is still complimentary for our cruise, otherwise I think we will look into using the water bus.

Awesome info!! That's also cool that you're on Cruise Critic helping other cruisers WHILE on a cruise...thanks! I'll be on your same itinerary in 4 weeks. Will you be posting a review?

I too, would love to hear a review, we will be doing this itinerary in the fall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I just had a look at the NCL Dailies from a recent Med cruise and it mentioned a shuttle service.

"Shuttle Bus Information: A complimentary shuttle service will run throughout the day. The shuttle will run approximately every 30 minutes from the ship to the town area. The last shuttle back from Mykonos to the ship is at 2:00pm" The all aboard for this particular cruise was listed for 2:30pm.

Hopefully this service is still complimentary for our cruise, otherwise I think we will look into using the water bus.

I was just there last week too and the shuttle service was there. The lines don't advertise it so you'll hopefully buy a tour. Mykonos definitely does not require a tour unless you want to go to one of the beaches not in the town. And the water bus is 2 euros if you chose not to take the shuttle.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

We're tendered at Mykonos onboard Celebrity Reflection at the moment.

Tender took us into Mykonos this morning and dropped us at the pier, the crossing only took about 10 minutes, then we just walked around town for an hour or two and got a taxi to Ornos beach approximately 10 minute drive cost €15 and another €15 for the return journey back to Mykonos. Went onto the beach and hired two sun loungers for €20 for the two of them, spent a couple of hours there and then taxi back. There is a local bus that will drop you off at the beach. Return bus is every half hour, had just hailed the taxi when the bus arrived.

When coming back to catch the tender don't wait in the long queues, walk up to the pier and the Celebrity personnel will be there waiting for you on the pier itself. There were two other ships in today, Costa & MSC hence the long queues.

Just waiting for sail away now!!!

Hope this helps.

Mary

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by purdo

• 2 weeks later...