What specialty restaurant would you like to see NCL add?

bangzoom6877

I was really upset when I found out there wasn't a place for me to get lobster tacos anymore. And with that I am also sad that there isn't a tequila bar either. I spent most my evenings on the Gem at those two.

I can tell you, as a Texan, that I don't eat Tex-Mex outside of Texas. I wouldn't eat Mexican food outside of Mexico or a border town either. That doesn't mean you can't get lucky, but the odds are stacked against you. I wouldn't eat at a Tex-Mex restaurant on a ship.....but I might try some tamales to go.

..........hey, what about a Marble Slab (or Cold Stone) style ice cream shop? You know, where they have a bunch of toppings that they mix up in the ice cream. Or a frozen yogurt joint doing the same thing.

I know what you mean, I've lived all over the US and finding good Mexican or Tex-Mex food outside of Texas is not easy at all.

So here's another idea - and this would be both economical and also not take a lot work from the waiters/waitresses/chefs as most of the work would be prep work: Fondue. Cheese fondue (Cheddar, classic Swiss or Smokey Gouda) with French bread, followed by oil fondue for beef, chicken and shrimp with an upgrade charge for lobster meat. And white, milk or dark chocolate fondue for dessert with fruits and cake. The only question is if there is a safe way to do this on a ship. I would think there would have to be a safety guard which was cool to the touch mounted on the table around the burner that the pot would sit in to keep the pot on the burner due to the motion of the ship and if it were high seas, then the restaurant would be closed so that nothing spilled out of the pot and scalded someone. However, I know something like this is made for cooking on boats, so surely there is a way to do it on a ship that would be safe.