What specialty restaurant would you like to see NCL add?

bangzoom6877

I love the idea of Mediterranean/Greek food. Something a bit more healthy(ish) than most of the other options already available.

I just have visions of oil burns and law suits in a fondue/Melting Pot type place, as the ship goes through choppy waters or a storm during meal time...lol.

Nathans

White Castle

California Pizza Kitchen

BAM!!

I don't mean to be disrespectful but do not understand why one would want a cruise line to offer 'fast food' they can have versions of at home anytime they want. While you may not have a White Castle in your area, you surely have Burger King and McD's. I can drive through at KFC (if that is what I want to eat)....

Speaking only for myself, a vacation is trying foods I don't have at home or don't feel like cooking myself. I want restaurants that if not a 'treat' are something different than home.

I rather see a vegan or vegetarian restuarant especially for those that don't eat meat or pork products - that would ease their minds that there was no cross-contamination with the food. Whether its Mediterranean, Indian, Asian or Fusion - I can see it being successful no matter what form it takes

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Let's have a little fun! What specialty restaurant(s) would you love NCL to add to their ships? It could be a specific cuisine, or something created by a celebrity chef, or anything else you'd like to see. I'll go first!

Belgian..think pots of mussels, Belgian beer, waffles for dessert!

German...think sauerbraten, various schnitzels, German sausages, apple strudel, German beer!

Greek...think moussaka, souvlaki, spinach pie, baklava, Greek wine and Ouzo!

Your turn...what would you like to see? :)

IMPOSSIBLE

My all-time favorite Specialty place can not be Duplicated !!

Sooooo Specialized they ONLY SERVE "for dinner"

Bacon wrapped Filet Minion / Baked potato /toast and a wedge of lettuce .

Check em' out = http://www.alpineinnhillcity.com/sidebar-dinner.php

Any time you happen to be in South Dakota and try them .

Edited by biker@sea

I don't mean to be disrespectful but do not understand why one would want a cruise line to offer 'fast food' they can have versions of at home anytime they want. While you may not have a White Castle in your area, you surely have Burger King and McD's. I can drive through at KFC (if that is what I want to eat)....

Speaking only for myself, a vacation is trying foods I don't have at home or don't feel like cooking myself. I want restaurants that if not a 'treat' are something different than home.

It is the same for me. I like having foods I can't have at home or don't usually have at home. But, sometimes I just want a simple burger too, like at lunch. And if I'm traveling elsewhere in the US that has a chain we don't have here in brooklyn, NY, I go for that if it's something I really like. One example is Cracker Barrel whenever we drive down to Florida, and another example is Bojangles. They may not be special to others, but they're a novelty to us.

That said, this is exactly why food reviews are so subjective. Someone may give the food a bad review on a ship because the burgers and fries don't taste exactly the same as McDonald's and that's what that individual person prefers to eat. Yet I'm fine leaving McDonald's behind, as we never eat it anyway.

They do the German themed lunch,

Is that just Europe?

Omg a German themed lunch? On every cruise? I read a recent Breakaway review that mentioned a Bavarian lunch buffet at Moderno on one afternoon, but I wasn't sure if it's on every cruise. If it is, we are there! :)

Omg a German themed lunch? On every cruise? I read a recent Breakaway review that mentioned a Bavarian lunch buffet at Moderno on one afternoon, but I wasn't sure if it's on every cruise. If it is, we are there! :)

We had it on our 12 day Carib in January on the ba

It was in moderno and not a huge spread but it was sufficient.

Fwiw it was no way as big or elaborate as the Epcot biergarten

It was on the small size

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fast food is what is needed for day time grab and go sit down somewhere

lets not go down the lets see how fat I can get fast food route we have enough of that already.

The real issue is not enough people will eat the alternatives, lots of low volume options don't last long on ships.

I remember when the upstairs grills used to do fresh(from frozen) calamari and other things as a daily special.

The German(Bavarian) lunch is at the great outdoors on the jewel class and Spirit. better advertising would get more people turning up.

The show band does a turn.

The Indian lunch got dropped.

We had it on our 12 day Carib in January on the ba

It was in moderno and not a huge spread but it was sufficient.

Fwiw it was no way as big or elaborate as the Epcot biergarten

It was on the small size

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you remember specific food items on the german buffet? We will have to go to this for sure if it's on our cruise in July!

In-N-Out Burger (will never happen)

Maybe a Five Guys?

A Carnegie Deli?

Five Guys is one I wouldn't want to see because they use peanut oil, and my son (as well as many other people of course) has a peanut allergy. How about Smash Burger for a good burger place?

The main impression I'm getting from this thread and its variety that they could really stand to expand their theme meals. Not just in the buffet but in a main dining room. Lunch and dinner. You could accommodate a lot that way.

Remember the food choices have to be able to live in freezers/deep chill to be served across the world on 14days cruises after arriving in containers.

They could go for local food in season but the menus could not be fleet wide and cost/quality control becomes a problem with a $14pppd food budget.

I really would rather not see chain restaurants on cruise ships...I have to see enough of them at home. I guess some folks live in more rural areas that don't have a lot of those kinds of places, but I wouldn't want to spend hundreds of dollars to eat in one. Except for a Legal Seafood. I'd make an exception for that. YMMV.

Provisioning, storage, preparation, cooking and ability to freshly present these gallery items for 4,600 pax over 7 to 10 days are going to be a nightmare, and it will cost more than what some are willing to pay for. Just get that fish & chips and chicken pot pies done right, and don't ruin the basic variety in desserts, that's all & we will be happy. All others, stay on land for them - nice ideas, but ...

sent from my Google Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

IMPOSSIBLE

My all-time favorite Specialty place can not be Duplicated !!

Sooooo Specialized they ONLY SERVE "for dinner"

Bacon wrapped Filet Minion / Baked potato /toast and a wedge of lettuce .

Check em' out = http://www.alpineinnhillcity.com/sidebar-dinner.php

Any time you happen to be in South Dakota and try them .

Thanks !

Will be in that area next month:D:D

Edited by pspercy

Well if I had this at home, I wouldn't be asking for it on a cruise ship. :confused: And BK and McDonalds are surely not up to the caliber of White Castle! ;) LOL