Seattle Hotel and Transportation?

Cruiser-66

This is our first time in Seattle and we are sailing on the Ruby Princess out of pier#91.

We've cruised a lot and this should be easy, but I'm very confused. We will get into Seattle around 7:00 pm. We need to find hotel that's clean with good beds, and we need to figure out how to get to the hotel and port the next morning. Is it best to stay near airport or cruise port? We have a late flight the day we return, so hopefully we can see a few things that day.

There is four of us traveling together and I'm also confused when I see cab fare if it's per person or for all.

Since you arrive late and won't have time for sightseeing, you might as well stay near SeaTac. All the major chains are out there. Just use expedia or any similar site to locate a hotel within your budget. Most airport hotels have a free shuttle to/from the airport. Or look at the WEST COAST DEPARTURES forum.

Taxi fare is for the car ... altho there may be an additional couple of dollars for over 2 passengers. If you stay at a hotel that partners with Seattle Express, a shuttle to the pier will be $12 pp. If you'd rather go to the pier on your own timeframe, use the flat rate cab company. http://www.eastsideforhire.com is $35 for 2 people in a prius. A minivan wlll be $6-8 more. You;ll need a reservation to ensure a minivan is available.

This is our first time in Seattle and we are sailing on the Ruby Princess out of pier#91.

We've cruised a lot and this should be easy, but I'm very confused. We will get into Seattle around 7:00 pm. We need to find hotel that's clean with good beds, and we need to figure out how to get to the hotel and port the next morning. Is it best to stay near airport or cruise port? We have a late flight the day we return, so hopefully we can see a few things that day.

There is four of us traveling together and I'm also confused when I see cab fare if it's per person or for all.

Hi, here is a link to the West Coast Forum. Lots of threads with good

Seattle information on there....hotels, restaurants, transportation, etc.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

Hotels near the airport are cheaper and some have packages that provide transport to the pier. We're going in May - and I have a reservation at the Hilton Seattle Airport hotel with a rate of 145/night that includes the transportation.

So excited!

Since you arrive late and won't have time for sightseeing, you might as well stay near SeaTac. All the major chains are out there. Just use expedia or any similar site to locate a hotel within your budget. Most airport hotels have a free shuttle to/from the airport. Or look at the WEST COAST DEPARTURES forum.

Taxi fare is for the car ... altho there may be an additional couple of dollars for over 2 passengers. If you stay at a hotel that partners with Seattle Express, a shuttle to the pier will be $12 pp. If you'd rather go to the pier on your own timeframe, use the flat rate cab company. http://www.eastsideforhire.com is $35 for 2 people in a prius. A minivan wlll be $6-8 more. You;ll need a reservation to ensure a minivan is available.

We just booked eastsideforhire for our Alaskan cruise next month. Minivan for four of us plus luggage , $47 from airport area hotel to pier 91. Seattle express shuttle was $12 pp or $48. Car is on our schedule, shuttle was set times, so we went with the private mini van.

I believe most hotels use Seattle express for their free shuttle to pier. I checked a couple hotels with shuttle pkg and it was cheaper to book regular room rate and shuttle separately.

Last year we booked a room at the Hampton Inn at Seatac for under $100 per night, which included free shuttle from the airport, wi-fi and breakfast.

We signed up at the front desk to take the shuttle from the hotel to the pier the next day for $12 pp.

They gave us a choice of 3 times for the shuttle to the pier, so we took the latest one, as we usually do so we can arrive after the mad rush is over to avoid the crowds.

Edited by varoo

We arrive late the night before the cruise and booked the Fairfield Inn Seatac for $149 including free shuttle from airport to hotel, breakfast and wi-fi. We reserved Seattle Express for trip to port @ $12 each (2 of us) and they offered various pick up times.

Edited by bothluv2cruise