Tell me about Crown Princess

cocacola86

You can call DINE Line in the morning and make reservations for that evening in ATD. We normally have dinner after 7:30 and have never had a problem doing this. It might not be possible for the popular 6:00 - 7:30 dining times.

LuLu

Thanks, LuLu.

We were just on the Crown in 3/21 and had a nice cruise. We found the food in the MDR to be very salty and many creamy sauces. Watery scrambled eggs and omelettes in the morning. Carnival's cheese plate has more variety.

Been on the Crown 3 times and have always had a great time.

As is always mentioned, food is subjective. We have always enjoyed the food on Princess. Of course some things are better than others as is always the case.

Having said that, I don't remember food ever being too salty as a general rule. I understand everyone's tastes, tolerance and health needs are different. Frankly, I would most likely be judged by most as attempting to make "healthier" choices due to my own personal health requirements. But I think it's safe to say objectively that the food on Princess is not perceived as overly salty by the majority of passengers.

Explore. Locate Adagio at the aft. Quiet venue that many don't know is there. Open deck out the back door.

Loved the Crown when we sailed her and would book again in a heartbeat.

Ahhh! Yes, Adagio! One of my favorite places! So quiet and peaceful!

So Thrak, shhhh! Don't tell anyone else about it!! LOL!

Edited by suzyed

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked B749 on Crown Princess for the Classic Canada & New England cruise in 2017 [it seems that Crown is moving to the East Coast for that season]. Are those small public balconies on the aft corners of decks 8 - 14? Do they affect the privacy of the cabins/balconies next to them?

Just booked B749 on Crown Princess for the Classic Canada & New England cruise in 2017 [it seems that Crown is moving to the East Coast for that season].

Hi Jazzbeau, If this is the Oct. 4, 2017 cruise, feel free to hop over to the roll call and join us.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48435609#post48435609

What can you tell me about this ship, we've never been on Princess only Carnival, so how're the pool areas, dining options, things to do and is the sanctuary free like on Carnival and do they have a dinner at sea?

For what ever reason this ship gets a lot of norovirus. Sanctuary not free.

Our extended family of 7 were on the 11/21/15 cruise.

We had a great time as we always do, although I did notice some service issues on this cruise.

Our family of 3 and my dad will be on the Crown again in March for our first California Coastal.

This is the very first time I've had swollen ankles. It really took my by surprise as I didn't eat any different than I normally do and maybe it was excessive salt in the food or maybe because I'm getting older. :eek:

We went to Crown Grill on the last night of the cruise and it was not what we have experienced in the past. Service was slow and the food was almost inedible with some in our party.

It may be silly but I really wish Princess had red wine glasses available other than at Vines. I think if Carnival can do that, I would expect it to be the norm with Princess.

• 2 weeks later...