staying close to termini

Storm cruiser

Do you have any suggestions? Even if just a metro stop or two away is fine...

My favorite restaurants are mainly located around the Pantheon area (no metro stop is convenient).

It's sort of a conundrum. If you want to stay close to Termini, that's just not an area known for excellent restaurants. There is one very $$$ restaurant Agate e Romeo that I know of. I ate at one restaurant a couple of years ago, recommended by Rick Steves, that I thought was fine, not great. (In general, his restaurant recommendations tend to let me down but you may want to check there for his recommendations near Termini.)

If you go to the Spanish Steps via metro from Termini (or walk, it's not too far), there are some good restaurants there including Alla Rampa.

Edited by cruisemom42

My favorite restaurants are mainly located around the Pantheon area (no metro stop is convenient).

It's sort of a conundrum. If you want to stay close to Termini, that's just not an area known for excellent restaurants. There is one very $$$ restaurant Agate e Romeo that I know of. I ate at one restaurant a couple of years ago, recommended by Rick Steves, that I thought was fine, not great. (In general, his restaurant recommendations tend to let me down but you may want to check there for his recommendations near Termini.)

If you go to the Spanish Steps via metro from Termini (or walk, it's not too far), there are some good restaurants there including Alla Rampa.

Thank you :)

If you are OK taking the Metro to the Spanish Steps area, I had lunch at Ginger a few days ago. Via Borgognona 43. Not your typical Italian, but organic food, panini, salads, entrees, smoothies, fresh squeezed-to-order juice combos ("centrifugati"). And, if you are too tired to stay, they do it all as take away, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
I have booked UNA Hotel (very close to Termini) for an upcoming one-night stay where it makes the most sense -- for a couple of reasons -- to be in this location. I can't necessarily recommend it, not having stayed there yet, but I did wade through a lot of hotels before deciding on this one.

I wanted to update my post after my stay at Hotel UNA.

If anyone is looking for a very nice, almost American-style hotel that is extremely (and I mean extremely) convenient to Termini, this hotel would be a great choice for you.

It's not the cheapest, but the hotel is quite nice and the cost includes a large breakfast buffet. You can easily roll luggage there -- from the Via Giovanni Giolitti exit, it's about two blocks, max.

The bed is very comfortable as well. I had a room facing the internal courtyard and it was very quiet.

It's not really my cup of tea, but it seems like it would fit the bill for what a lot of folks are looking for in a hotel near Termini.

I wanted to update my post after my stay at Hotel UNA.

If anyone is looking for a very nice, almost American-style hotel that is extremely (and I mean extremely) convenient to Termini, this hotel would be a great choice for you.

It's not the cheapest, but the hotel is quite nice and the cost includes a large breakfast buffet. You can easily roll luggage there -- from the Via Giovanni Giolitti exit, it's about two blocks, max.

The bed is very comfortable as well. I had a room facing the internal courtyard and it was very quiet.

It's not really my cup of tea, but it seems like it would fit the bill for what a lot of folks are looking for in a hotel near Termini.

This makes me chuckle. Sometimes when traveling we find ourselves in places we never thought we'd be. We just had to go back to Paris for one night to return our rental car and catch the Chunnel the next morning, so we wanted something near Gare du Nord. We ended up of all places at a Holiday Inn Express! I NEVER thought I would say that. But it worked out fine and was clean and the most reasonably priced hotel I could find on short notice. They also gave us a room fronting directly on the Canal St. Martin which was nice. But a Holiday Inn??! :eek: