Granduer or the Pride?

fhmoore

Not sure if this is where I should post this but hopeful I will get some input!

My 65th birthday is July 24. All of a sudden I decided I want to go an a cruise for this momentous event! I usually book more like a year ahead so this is nerve wracking to be scrambling for a perfect fit.

I want to leave from Baltimore so we can drive four hours and not have to deal with flying. The choices are the Grandeur to Bermuda, July 17 or Bahamas, July 24 (but having to travel on my actual birthday) or the Pride on the 19th which allows me to be on the ship for the big day.

If anyone has been on both....is the Grandeur enough better to travel on my birthday or is the Pride a good choice. We've been on two RCCL cruises but only on one Carnival. The Carnival one was the first cruise we ever did back in 1988 on the Festivale which I'm sure has become a coral reef deep in an ocean somewhere!

Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

Happy (almost) Birthday! I think this is a great treat to give yourself.

I can't compare the two ships for you, but you don't mention whether you care about the itineraries. There's certainly a difference (to me at least) between Bermuda v. the Port Canaveral/Bahamas run.

I think only you can weigh how important it is to you to be aboard ship on your birthday rather than traveling on that day.

Whichever you do, have a great time!

I have been on both ships out of Baltimore, although my trip on Grandeur was before the fire and any subsequent refurbishment. The Pride is a nice ship and Carnival did a good job. However, as a previous poster said, Bermuda is a choice over the Bahamas.

It would not be the Bermuda itinerary since I want to be on the ship for my BD. More that I wanted a ship comparison!

Actually have decided to go on the Fantasy from Charleston since I have cousins that want to go with us and they live outside of Charleston.

Having been on both ships, I must say I prefer Grandeur. The ship did not feel nearly as crowded as Enchantment; a sister ship that was "stretched." She's not the youngest ship in the fleet but she was built to last.

Pride has dark interiors for a cruise ship and the vast array of nude art may take some getting used to. I did like its classic ocean liner themed main dining room.

Things to consider if you ponder a cruise from Baltimore after your birthday.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been on both and if I had to choose, I would go with the itinerary you like the best. They are both nice ships, would sail them again and am thinking of booking a trip in August on the Pride. Was on the Grandeur over Thanksgiving and had a great time. Always have a wonderful time on the Pride.