Emailing the ceo? Really?

I don't care what anyone thinks, if I can't get a resolution from the monkeys, I'm going straight to the organ grinder and have done on 3 occasions. Once whilst actually on board a ship because I wasn't getting a satisfactory result from the on board staff.

Did I get a prompt response, you bet and only then a satisfactory resolution.

Will I do it again, you bet.

Now I shall sit back and wait for the flamethrowers and pop corn makers. Actually, it would be nice to hear opinions and if you had a problem with Royal, was it resolved without the CEO getting an email? I know many issues seem to get pushed to Resolutions and hopefully they do their job.

A guy on Cruise Critic told me that the best way to get the CEO's attention was to begin your email with: "I am DIAMOND PLUS and..."

My wife & I just returned from Jewel of the Seas 4/9 and had a good cruise But The first night after placing suitcases on the bed and sitting on top of the bed then going out for the evening when we returned and my DW got into bed she jumped up after a minute and said she was all wet. we pulled the top covers down to find that the bed was soaked with urine (not hers). We called guess services and within about 40 min. we had a new mattress, sheets and covers. They did respond quickly and guess services did call about 10 min. after I called to make sure someone did show up. But we never received any type of follow up from anyone in the hotel group to insure the issue was resolved. Just felt management fell short and wondering if i should do something now to let them know. and what would be the best way to handle it. We have been on many cruises and i can say this was a first.:)

Edited by verodoodle

I was one of those people that would NEVER contact a ceo for my trivial problems. At least that was my thought until February. I tried the chain of command (emails and travel agent)and all it did was piss me off to the point of never wanting to sail on royal again. ( I had to cancel the second part of a back to back-wife was being treated for cancer and ended up needing medical care and wanted her oncologist) Yes I had insurance and they reimbursed me for their portion quickly but royal was balking at reimbursing my port charges. (insurance did not reimburse that portion) (rccl rep would not talk to me on the phone as I had used a travel agent and he was also having problems) I emailed Michael Baileys office within 2 hours they had spoken to my travel agent, called me and arranged for the refund. problem fixed

Cindy and Mac - yep, got the Solarium Bistro down for one night! Thanks - yes I followed Cindy's reports regarding Oasis. Your experiences have always been very valuable to me.

Thanks! I hope y'all enjoy it as much as we did!:D

My wife & I just returned from Jewel of the Seas 4/9 and had a good cruise But The first night after placing suitcases on the bed and sitting on top of the bed then going out for the evening when we returned and my DW got into bed she jumped up after a minute and said she was all wet. we pulled the top covers down to find that the bed was soaked with urine (not hers). We called guess services and within about 40 min. we had a new mattress, sheets and covers. They did respond quickly and guess services did call about 10 min. after I called to make sure someone did show up. But we never received any type of follow up from anyone in the hotel group to insure the issue was resolved. Just felt management fell short and wondering if i should do something now to let them know. and what would be the best way to handle it. We have been on many cruises and i can say this was a first.:)

If we got that bed I assure you all cabins above, below, next to on either side, across the hall would clearly hear my call to guest services.

Gotta be honest here; I get a pee bed, CEO is getting a nasty gram. And yeah, that's something I totally would want compensation for.

I would assume that like the President of the United States public email address, there is a person or team of people reviewing the emails and only a very small number ever actually get forwarded to the CEO. The rest either go off to the circular file or are handed off to the appropriate department.

i'm not going to read all this thread however I do agree with this statement 100 percent. I worked for a bank and we have a local vp in our city. he gets tons of emails that his 'girl friday' goes threw and she can decide what goes where. he only sees what is 'important' and the rest is sent off to different departments with a follow up to make sure things are resolved. he will get involved if no agreement can be made but usually only then.

another thing I consider is just because something looks like a waste of time to me, it doesn't mean its not important to another. turn that around and what looks important to me, you may find stupid. does that mean I should not pursue it? to each there own.....let the higher ups figure out what goes where.

jmo