VIFP benefits survey

KatieCharlotte

After I competed a survey for my last cruise, I received an email survey on VIFP benefits. I'm very curious what the survey will be used for.

I am gold, so several questions were about the past guest party. On an Elation spring break cruise with a low percentage of gold/platinum/diamond guests the room was uncrowded and the drinks and appetizers were plentiful, so I answered mostly positively. They replaced my drink before I even finished it, and there was bacon cheesecake. :D

However, there also were questions about whether my VIFP benefits would make me more or less likely to take another Carnival cruise or recommend it to a friend. I answered positively because I don't want the party to go away, but these questions were frustrating because they did not allow me to distinguish between the different "benefits." There was no place for comments. I really enjoyed attending this particular gold/platinum/diamond party, but the free water bottles made me LESS likely to cruise Carnival again because they were an annoying waste of money and space, a big let down after free drinks at brunch, and not environmentally friendly. We fill reusable bottles with ice and cold water for port days. Why would I carry around a large plastic bottle of warm water?

Carnival did not seem interested in getting feedback specific to the water bottles. I can't imagine how useful vague questions that lump all the benefits together can be.

I wouldn't read to much into the surveys.. I have filled out several of them and they never change the questions, nor the perks. I think it is just their way of testing customer feelings over the current repeat cruiser benefits.

If they were going to change the benefits again.. based on last time, they would do it with an eye toward where THEY wanted to save costs and not so much on what we like.

I always mention that CCL could keep their pins, gifts and do dads, and make the VIFP a true rewards program by offering upgrades and discounted or free cruises like the airlines do.

Let's see, a gold pin or an upgrade.......

After I competed a survey for my last cruise, I received an email survey on VIFP benefits. I'm very curious what the survey will be used for.

I am gold, so several questions were about the past guest party. On an Elation spring break cruise with a low percentage of gold/platinum/diamond guests the room was uncrowded and the drinks and appetizers were plentiful, so I answered mostly positively. They replaced my drink before I even finished it, and there was bacon cheesecake. :D

However, there also were questions about whether my VIFP benefits would make me more or less likely to take another Carnival cruise or recommend it to a friend. I answered positively because I don't want the party to go away, but these questions were frustrating because they did not allow me to distinguish between the different "benefits." There was no place for comments. I really enjoyed attending this particular gold/platinum/diamond party, but the free water bottles made me LESS likely to cruise Carnival again because they were an annoying waste of money and space, a big let down after free drinks at brunch, and not environmentally friendly. We fill reusable bottles with ice and cold water for port days. Why would I carry around a large plastic bottle of warm water?

Carnival did not seem interested in getting feedback specific to the water bottles. I can't imagine how useful vague questions that lump all the benefits together can be.

I agree that they should slightly modify their post cruise surveys to include spaces for write in clarifications and expounding on narrative for post cruise replies. They could glean a lot more potentially useful information out of these surveys if they did.

Keep in mind their Senior CD does not use poll methods on facebook. - just simple entries off his page like 'do you want air conditioning in your rooms' answer yes or no. This results in untallied long strings of replies from anyone - including people that have never stepped onto a Carnival ship. It's hard to believe that the information actually makes it anywhere upstairs as it's kind of dumb process/setup considering they have 4.5 million PAID cruisers per year and only about 70,000 facebook social media likes under his official page.

There are much better ways to get to important and valid information from your paying and prospective guests.

Edited by eponym

This was the first time I've gotten this survey, and I was very disappointed that I didn't get to complain about the water bottles. :)

It would be simple to have a list of benefits, with the choice to mark "Yes, this makes me want to cruise again and recommend Carnival to friends." or "No, I couldn't care less about this benefit." Otherwise, the survey is waste of time.

This was the first time I've gotten this survey, and I was very disappointed that I didn't get to complain about the water bottles. :)

It would be simple to have a list of benefits, with the choice to mark "Yes, this makes me want to cruise again and recommend Carnival to friends." or "No, I couldn't care less about this benefit." Otherwise, the survey is waste of time.

I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for stating it so plainly and well.

Wherever a survey has a place to write in comments, that is where I write what bothers me or put my suggestions. I try to spin it to my advantage depending where the write in spots are located.

I think they would be interested in written comments. The rest they can calculate on computer.

Thought this was a joke at first but I guess people are really upset they get a bottle of water instead of a free drink. There must be more to worry about as the water will be used as well. Maybe I am missing something? By the way, I am a drinker so would have used the free drink. if offered.

Edited by slick1111

I didn't want to restart the water bottle/free drink debate and was more interested in the survey (which did not have a place for comments). It seemed silly to ask whether the benefits made me want to cruise w/o letting me specify which benefits because the party where free drinks were flowing was a little more appealing than free warm water or a pin. ;)

but since you asked...our family used only one of the five large bottles of free water left in our cabin. They didn't seem very practical on a ship w/o room fridges to even keep them cool. There is only so many times I will ask the poor overworked stewards to bring ice. And no worries, we fill our reusable bottle with ice and water poured from a clean cup. :rolleyes:

Edited by KatieCharlotte

I wouldn't read to much into the surveys.. I have filled out several of them and they never change the questions, nor the perks. I think it is just their way of testing customer feelings over the current repeat cruiser benefits.

If they were going to change the benefits again.. based on last time, they would do it with an eye toward where THEY wanted to save costs and not so much on what we like.

I don't agree. Last one I got that took some time to fill out had me seeing a complete revamp of the program shortly afterwards.

We didn't even open our giant water bottles...we took the tags off and left them sitting on the counter in our room. I thought they were far too large and too heavy for me to be dragging around 3 of them on port days when I'm already having to deal with making sure nobody loses their passport/ID (we take it into all ports with us), we all have beach towels, sunscreen, dry shoes, etc.