How to get to Swizzle Inn

not2old

We will be there in June sailing--

If you are not in a hurry and want to see the island on the way- there is a bus that leaves near dockyard and drops you off right by the Swizzle Inn.

Or: If you take the ferry to Hamiliton- you can take a bus or taxi. (We are stuck taking the ferry then taxi to Origional Swizzle Inn for timing reasons) I say stuck because the taxi will be expensive.

You can take the ferry to St. George's- takes longer, but then it is a short taxi ride from there to Origional Swizzle Inn-

There is the second Swizzle Inn that I believe is much closer to the dockyard. Not sure which one you were refering to.

We will be there in June sailing--

If you are not in a hurry and want to see the island on the way- there is a bus that leaves near dockyard and drops you off right by the Swizzle Inn.

Or: If you take the ferry to Hamiliton- you can take a bus or taxi. (We are stuck taking the ferry then taxi to Origional Swizzle Inn for timing reasons) I say stuck because the taxi will be expensive.

You can take the ferry to St. George's- takes longer, but then it is a short taxi ride from there to Origional Swizzle Inn-

There is the second Swizzle Inn that I believe is much closer to the dockyard. Not sure which one you were refering to.

Sorry, but there is no bus from Dockyard to the original Swizzle Inn. You can take the #7 to the new Swizzle Inn however.

To get to the original Swizzle Inn from Dockyard by public transit you can take a bus to Hamilton and then another bus to the Swizzle Inn (longest route). Or you can take the ferry to Hamilton then a bus to the Swizzle Inn. Or you can take a ferry to St. George's then a bus to Swizzle Inn. Again...there is no bus route directly from Dockyard to the original Swizzle Inn.

I took the local bus from the dockyards and got off at the beach. Walked the beach for a mile or so and got back on the bus at the next stop. Transferred to second bus at the terminal and got off right in front of Swizzle Inn. Try to get one of the tables on the porch for a view while you enjoy your swizzles. Stumbled back to the bus to the terminal and then took the ferry back to the ship. Great way to spend a day and to see parts of the island that are off the tourist trail! Terrific t-shirts at the Inn as well.

Which would be the fastest way to go.?

From Dockyard to the original Swizzle Inn the quickest route using public transit is to take the Blue Route ferry to Hamilton, walk to the bus terminal and then a #1,3,10 or 11 bus.

Probably a touch longer ( and this ferry route doesn't run as frequently) is to take the Orange Route ferry to St. George's, walk to th,e bus stop followed by a bus (same route #s as above) to Swizzle Inn.

The former has a shorter ferry ride and a longer bus trip, the latter a longer ferry ride and shorter bus trip.

I remembered reading someplace that people did go by bus to origional swizzle inn, but forgot 2 buses were necessary to do that--- good for really seeing the island, if you have the time.

Sorry to origional poster for not saying it is two busses! Anita