SKY Boarding Day questions Miami

Hi all, new to the forum, new to NCL, not new to cruising though. Wife and I are doing the 4 day Sky cruise this year out of Miami leaving on a Monday. What is a good time to arrive at port? We don't have to be there sitting in terminal to be first on board but we want to make sure we can get parking on site. Does Sky have a regular terminal? If so; anyone know what it is?

Besides the traditional cruise buffet is any other restaurant open for boarding day?

What time do rooms open?

Ideally we would be able to walk on ship and either drop our carry ons off and go to a restaurant for lunch, or board/sit down lunch/cabins open up. The buffet and people with luggage is too much for us on some cruise lines day one so we prefer to avoid the madness.

This will be our first time on NCL so if there are any tips or pointers or a FAQ or highlight page for this ship please let me know.

Thank You.

Hi all, new to the forum, new to NCL, not new to cruising though. Wife and I are doing the 4 day Sky cruise this year out of Miami leaving on a Monday. What is a good time to arrive at port? We don't have to be there sitting in terminal to be first on board but we want to make sure we can get parking on site. Does Sky have a regular terminal? If so; anyone know what it is?

Besides the traditional cruise buffet is any other restaurant open for boarding day?

What time do rooms open?

Ideally we would be able to walk on ship and either drop our carry ons off and go to a restaurant for lunch, or board/sit down lunch/cabins open up. The buffet and people with luggage is too much for us on some cruise lines day one so we prefer to avoid the madness.

This will be our first time on NCL so if there are any tips or pointers or a FAQ or highlight page for this ship please let me know.

Thank You.

I was on the Sky in February. One of the main dining rooms was open for lunch and I ate there. It was quiet and uncrowded. The service was good. I also like to avoid the buffet on boarding day.

I left my rollerbag with a porter and had it brought to my cabin. I don't like dragging it around the ship when I board and before I am able to get to my cabin.

I was in my cabin around 1:30 p.m. I was informed I could be in my cabin at 1p.m. My rollerbag arrived mid-afternoon.

I arrived at the port via a cruise ship bus around 11:30 p.m., so I can't comment on the parking or whether the Sky has a regular terminal. I had an approximately 20 minute wait in line to get on board.

Have a great time!

Just off the Sky

the PP answered your questions

There is a parking garage right across from the SKY and it's $20 per day.

Very easy in and out.

Also going thru the new tunnel is great and fast, so much better than the old way thru downtown.

note: most gps do not take you thru the new tunnel Yet. so you need to check direction. it's 395 from 95 stay to the left for the tunnel exit.

Since the other posters answered your questions...I would just like to add that if you have a carry-on, you can also drop those off once on board. They usually assign a spot on the ship that you take these too. They take your luggage or whatever you have and they give you a receipt. Then they tell you when to come back and pick them up (I think it was by 1??? on the Sky the day we went). That way you don't have to lug around anything with you. :)