Assistance Dog

RJChatsworth

....The owner explained to some of her fellow passengers her need for this "comfort dog" (yes, the woman's need for emotional support is nobody's business) yet she left the dog in her stateroom for up to 12 hours whilst she took shore excursions..

Maybe she should not sail as she experienced a miracle of healing the moment she left the ship and no longer needed the dog.:rolleyes:

Even legitimate service animals can't be taken ashore unless the ship has a veterinary permit. I think Cunard only has permits for the US, UK, and Germany. So a blind passenger would have to stay on board with their guide dog if the ship docked in any other country.

Maybe she should not sail as she experienced a miracle of healing the moment she left the ship and no longer needed the dog.:rolleyes:

Even legitimate service animals can't be taken ashore unless the ship has a veterinary permit. I think Cunard only has permits for the US, UK, and Germany. So a blind passenger would have to stay on board with their guide dog if the ship docked in any other country.

It would be a great shame if he was prevented from sightseeing, wouldn't it.

So, just to summarise, there are currently at least 2 assistance dogs on the QV, there are no reports of them causing any problems, the OP was just curious about the idea.

Similar dogs have been seen around on Cunard ships now and again without any apparent problems.

Is that about it ?

So, just to summarise, there are currently at least 2 assistance dogs on the QV, there are no reports of them causing any problems, the OP was just curious about the idea.

Similar dogs have been seen around on Cunard ships now and again without any apparent problems.

Is that about it ?

Yes, succinctly put if you ignore those dogs that have travelled and may still travel when they are merely over indulged pets, which is apparently what you wish to do.

Edited by capnpugwash

And equally, just because someone thought they saw an overindulged pet we have no way of knowing that it wasn't an assistance dog.

I didn't think I saw it, I saw it and I know. I'm sorry that you won't accept that. No I'm not I don't care. Congrats on your new job.