Oasis 4/18-25 mini review, liquor prices and WiFi

Hello,

Just returned from our 12th cruise with RC on Oasis and are Diamond cruisers, so you know we are loyal. Mostly positive but a few items worth noting. We are not big drinkers, but the prices have gotten out of control in my opinion. Over $7 for a beer, about $12 for a Pina colada, a shot of Bailey's is over $9, a mixed drink was about $10. A bucket of 5 Coronas was $30 plus 18% tip. We skipped a cruise in 2014 and noticed a big difference. Yes, I know everyone is a captive audience and this is very subjective, etc. Judge for yourselves. My time dining has gotten too popular and the wait times to get a table can be very long, particularly in the 6-7pm window. People lose their patience. Consider the traditional 2 seating instead. Food was pretty good. Giovanni's table is excellent. I love the roast beef sandwiches in Central Park Grille. Entertainment needs work. How many times can people watch "Come Fly with Me" or literally the exact same ice show? Get some new shows, please. Bring back the welcome show and departure show. Lots of fun. Love and Marriage Show is the best. Quest is too late, starts at 11:30 now. Note for Diamond members (and above) you will get 3 free drinks each per day between 5-8:30pm. It is on your seapass, don't be afraid to ask. Basic drinks, but a nice perk. Many activities start at the same time, sometimes tough to pick. Comedy Club was the best, we were dying with laughter! I hate the constant barrage to buy crap or go to the spa, etc. The upgraded wifi service is MUCH better, comparable to home. Once I realized I had a $25?? coupon, I bought a 5 day package for about $50 after the credit. Note they sell it as "per device" but I was able to connect on my phone and tablet concurrently without a problem. We enjoyed listening to our home radio stations and news on IHeart Radio. I also streamed EMT training videos from YouTube (I am a firefighter) without a problem.

Enjoy your next cruise everyone.

The upgraded wifi service is MUCH better, comparable to home. Once I realized I had a $25?? coupon, I bought a 5 day package for about $50 after the credit.

I've been told the price for the unlimited package decreases as the cruise goes on, but I don't know if it happens even after the first day, or only after a few days. So you paid $75 (before credit) for five days - did you purchase on the Monday the sea day before St Thomas?

I noticed the RC website has the premium beverage package still listed at $49 per day but I've seen others post that it's up to $57/day. Which is correct?

Both are correct.

The price is $49 per day before 18% gratuity is added, and $57 (actually closer to $58) per day with gratuity included.

Edited by clarea

Sorry for the confusion, I am asking about the unlimited wifi, not beverage, package...

An RCCL phone agent told me that WiFi on the Oasis is $15 a day but only if you buy all the remaining days at once. So after a day, the package goes down by $15 and after another day, the package goes down by another $15 and so forth.

I believe it was close to $100 for the week for WiFi and the price dropped daily. The cheapest was $50 and that may have been 2 days before the cruise ended. We purchased on Monday - sea day.

This was our 3rd consecutive cruise on Oasis - one other thing to comment on is that the ship needs some cosmetic work. The furniture in the Promenade, Sorrento's and the Schooner Bar is noticeably worn; the pools all need to be redone on the inside - finishes are chipped and paint is yellowed. Not that this affects your cruise - it just doesn't look nice.

On port days, you could not just walk into the Windjammer for breakfast - you had to wait to be seated - a little frustrating, so we went to the Park Café instead. First time we encountered this.

Overall it was a great cruise - since it was not a Spring break in most of the country, we were not overrun with kids as on past cruises. Sure beats working for a week!