adjoining rooms

WASUP

We have an adjoining room on the Millie, is the room less sound proof then a room that is not adjoining? Has anyone had experience with the adjoining room? Any difference in privacy then a non adjoining room, besides the connecting door?

Thanks

Last April, we had an adjoining room on the Constellation (8131) and never heard any noise from the couple next door. As a matter of fact, until we heard them on the balcony one evening, we thought that the room was vacant.

WASUP, I did a search on this subject a while ago because I was thinking of an adjoining cabin too. Some say they heard nothing, others that it was quite intrusive at times (TV, music, talking etc). It will very much depend on your neighbours. The other thing to bear in mind is if you are bothered by smoke and your neighbours are smokers it will seep into your cabin. Depending on the cabin design, you may also have a smaller sofa to accomodate the interconnecting door.

Phil

My experience with connecting doors on Constellation....what goes on in your cabin does not stay in your cabin!!

We could hear normal volume discussion through the door. Perhaps this is one case where duct tape might help in case of smell, and maybe help with noise??

Basically, they can be a little noisier than a non-connecting room (due to the door), but what it really comes down to, his how noisy your neighbors are.

If you can get a non-adjoining cabin, I would keep trying. If you cannot get one, hope for quiet neighbors :)

Enjoy your cruise !

We have done this twice and will never do it again!

On both occasions, we knew the persons in the adjacent room. Once opened the connecting door cannot be "locked", only closed.

Of course, protocol says you "knock" before entering, but it depends on

the person doing the knocking as to how long they wait before entering.

It can be a very uncomfortable situation. We will NEVER do this again.

Leaving again on the Summit 9-16-05.

Bon Voyage to all!

Archived