5 Day Sale

Pandacruisers

Hi all

We booked a cruise to the Baltic in November last year for July this year. I checked the new 5 day sale to compare the costs and under the new offer it was £786 cheaper. The benefits under the original booking were:

* Classic drinks package

* Tips paid

* OBC of $300.

For the sale offer:

* Classic drinks package

* OBC $400.

I rang this morning to ask for a reduction in fare and was told I could book a new cruise at the new price with the new benefits but would lose my deposit on the old cruise. Of course I did that (in the same cabin) because I am better off but I am annoyed at losing my original deposit.

Have any other cruisers suffered this and is there anything I can do?

Hi all

We booked a cruise to the Baltic in November last year for July this year. I checked the new 5 day sale to compare the costs and under the new offer it was £786 cheaper. The benefits under the original booking were:

* Classic drinks package

* Tips paid

* OBC of $300.

For the sale offer:

* Classic drinks package

* OBC $400.

I rang this morning to ask for a reduction in fare and was told I could book a new cruise at the new price with the new benefits but would lose my deposit on the old cruise. Of course I did that (in the same cabin) because I am better off but I am annoyed at losing my original deposit.

Have any other cruisers suffered this and is there anything I can do?

Move to the US where you don't lose your deposit if you cancel prior to final payment

Use a US TA. You don't have to live in the US.

Oddly enough I checked a sale yesterday by the same TA that we are booked with for next March. Two of the legs of our cruise are on the sale and both of them are in the range of $800 more pp than what we paid, same perks included!

I'm glad you did save some money anyway. Enjoy your cruise.

Why is there a different policy between UK and US bookings?

A similar situation seems to arise on Guaranteed Class bookings - In the US it appears you can change cabin within the class assigned from a Guaranteed booking but for UK bookings you cannot.

When you checked the details of the five-day sale, did you also read the Ts & Cs?

"16. Existing Bookings that wish to access the new benefits of The Five Day Drinks Sale Promotion will have to cancel existing bookings and make a new booking.

(Please note cancelling existing bookings will incur cancellation charges)".

Your lost deposit is the cancellation charge, but you still have a better deal than your original booking - so enjoy your cruise!:)

Edited by Suzy Smith