Majesty Cruise cancelled?

I just logged in to the Royal Caribbean site to check my balance and there was a large banner at the top of the site advising the Majesty cruise scheduled to leave today has been cancelled as she needs to be dry docked in Grand Bahama shipyard for unscheduled repairs. I see no mention of it here which makes me wonder if it just happened this morning and those who were scheduled are on their way, unaware their vacation has been cancelled.

While they are being generous with their compensation (full refund plus 100% credit for another cruise), I can't imagine how disappointing that must be.

Majesty is sailing out Government Cut right now (2:30pm). Not scheduled to leave until 4pm. Been watching her come and go for quite a few years every Monday and Friday so was surprised to see her on her way this early, now I know why.

I just logged in to the Royal Caribbean site to check my balance and there was a large banner at the top of the site advising the Majesty cruise scheduled to leave today has been cancelled as she needs to be dry docked in Grand Bahama shipyard for unscheduled repairs. I see no mention of it here which makes me wonder if it just happened this morning and those who were scheduled are on their way, unaware their vacation has been cancelled.

While they are being generous with their compensation (full refund plus 100% credit for another cruise), I can't imagine how disappointing that must be.

There was this thread also:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2201607

If the last thing you cruised was Carnival 30 years ago, You are in for a HUGE surprise.!! Have Fun

I know you are not wrong about this! I am so excited and can't wait for my girls to experience their first cruise. After 30 years, I imagine it could also be considered my first cruise :)

Thanks for the info all. I did a search before I posted and didn't see anything...still figuring it all out I guess!

• 2 weeks later...

Anne & Mike Gordon Aberdeen Scotland

All set to go on our 11th Royal Caribbean cruise. A 4 night one to the East Caribbean leaving from Miami on Majesty of the Seas. Flew from Aberdeen Scotland , arrived at the pier and then we were told the cruise had been cancelled. An e-mail had been sent only two days before but we were in London by then. Told our money would be refunded plus discount from next cruise but still left to fend for ourselves by spending the rest of the afternoon looking for a hotel for the four days. They could have at least tried to find a hotel for us but nothing was offered. And we are still down on paying our own air fares! Could have went somewhere else as Miami is expensive. A good deal if you live in Florida State but not so good if you have flown from Aberdeen U.K. Mike and Anne Gordon Aberdeen Scotland

Edited by Mike Gordon

Anne & Mike Gordon Aberdeen Scotland

All set to go on our 11th Royal Caribbean cruise. A 4 night one to the East Caribbean leaving from Miami on Majesty of the Seas. Flew from Aberdeen Scotland , arrived at the pier and then we were told the cruise had been cancelled. An e-mail had been sent only two days before but we were in London by then. Told our money would be refunded plus discount from next cruise but still left to fend for ourselves by spending the rest of the afternoon looking for a hotel for the four days. They could have at least tried to find a hotel for us but nothing was offered. And we are still down on paying our own air fares! Could have went somewhere else as Miami is expensive. A good deal if you live in Florida State but not so good if you have flown from Aberdeen U.K. Mike and Anne Gordon Aberdeen Scotland

Did you book flights through RCI? If so then they have to refund those, even if you have taken them. If you haven't then that's the risk you take. Travel insurance would be able to cover your 4 day hotel stay in most cases.