Carnival Tips and Secrets

Point Man

Hi, there was once a long list of tips and things that would help you on a cruise. It was bumped up occasionally, but I cant find it. I've some friends that will be new to cruising that it would help. Could someone bump it up if they know where it is. Thank you from a fellow addict. :D

Be warned that some of that information is outdated. Espresso and cappuccino are no longer free. Post cards are no longer available at the pursers desk. There is no longer a book in your stateroom. No César salad or Calzone at the pizza place. The cake in the dining room is now an up charge. The list goes on and on. The last thing I read was ordering room service for sandwich to take off the ship. This is a big no no. You are not allowed to take food stuff off the ship.

What cake in the dining room is an uncharge?

You have been sailing long enough to remember a time when celebrating birthdays or anniversary they used to bring you a cake and sing. Now they will sing and bring you a dessert. The upcharge I was referring to was for a cake that you order through bon voyage. They are very reasonable and quite tasty.

DH says to tell you he is envious of your good fortune. No available on the Freedom last sailing :) This may vary by ship.

Only the ships that have the Pizza Pirate do not have the Caesar Salad and Calzones.

Oh how I miss them!! Also, the loved the pizza a lot more than the new.

I was on the Carnival Breeze last week (4/19-4/25) which has the Pizza Pirate. There was a sign on the counter that stated "Caesar salads available upon request". I was able to order a salad with no problem. I'm not sure about the calzones though. My salad was wonderful and tasted especially good with my afternoon cocktail!

Edited by cruiselover**
Incorrect sailing date

What cake in the dining room is an uncharge?

I think they are talking about the cakes that you order through the fun shop that you can have delivered to the MDR (or your cabin). They are for birthday, anniversary or congrads... There are two sizes and two flavors, I believe. And yes, there is a charge for it. But it is nominal compared to a full sized cake on land.

I was on the Carnival Breeze last week (4/19-4/25) which has the Pizza Pirate. There was a sign on the counter that stated "Caesar salads available upon request". I was able to order a salad with no problem. I'm not sure about the calzones though. My salad was wonderful and tasted especially good with my afternoon cocktail!

This must be something they started since I sailed the Breeze. Good to know. Dh just loves the Ceasar salad.