Sapphire or Coki??

dnewscruiser

Trying to decide between Sapphire or Coki beaches while in St. Thomas on Oasis next month and looking for advice ...

We have always gone over to Trunk Bay on St. John when previously porting at St. Thomas, but want to stay on St. Thomas this time. I think we've narrowed it down to Sapphire or Coki but need help making the final decision. I've read that Coki has more amenities and activities, but Sapphire's snorkeling may be a bit better and it is calmer/not as crowded. We like to snorkel (we have our own masks/fins) but I am pregnant, and I am a little concerned about the potential lack of food at Sapphire. I always bring snacks/granola bars with me, but I may need a full lunch while at the beach. ;)

So, which would you choose? If we go with Sapphire, what are the closest restaurants/food options? Would we need a cab to go get something or would there be somewhere to eat that we could SAFELY walk to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a grill at Sapphire beach called Banana Cabana that serves cooked sandwiches and will deliver it to your beach chair. There is a full service restaurant and bar that is on Sapphire Village property called Sapphire Grille that you can safely walk to from the beach, because you're not leaving Sapphire property.

Banana Cabana serves an excellent mahi mahi sandwich for $14 - expensive but ohh so worth it. When we stay at a condo at Sapphire we split one for lunch.

Off The Grid is a food truck at the top of the entrance too.

You could also stop at Gourmet Gallery right at the dock and pick up a baguette sub and drinks and a cooler, not cheap but arguably the best deli on the island.

The dive shop sells rum punches and beers for $1 less that BC.

You will love Sapphire - lots of naturan shade to the right near the coral, and a larger bay where folks can spread out.

Edited by blue_water

Another vote for Off The Grid food truck. It will be at the very top of the hill overlooking Sapphire beach, and has some awesome BBQ/sides... I took the safari bus to and from Sapphire, and including lunch at Off The Grid, I only spent $23.00 Awesome, awesome day for that kind of money...

Another vote for Off The Grid food truck. It will be at the very top of the hill overlooking Sapphire beach, and has some awesome BBQ/sides... I took the safari bus to and from Sapphire, and including lunch at Off The Grid, I only spent $23.00 Awesome, awesome day for that kind of money...

Will be checking it out next week...