Princess Travel Insurance--Quick reply needed!

jarand

Still using it? Or back to MJ?

Looking at the specs for EA+, it seems inferior to MedJet. This is from EA+'s website:

In the case of a travel emergency, how long does it take EA+ to move me to another hospital?

This is determined on a case by case basis, depending on the location and the patient's specific condition. The member will only be moved to another hospital when care at the first hospital is not adequate or following this initial evacuation, when the patient is stable enough for transportation home.EA+'s medical director will make the determination after reviewing medical reports and possible consultation with the treating physician.

Edited by Coral

Looking at the specs for EA+, it seems inferior to MedJet. This is from EA+'s website:

In the case of a travel emergency, how long does it take EA+ to move me to another hospital?

This is determined on a case by case basis, depending on the location and the patient's specific condition. The member will only be moved to another hospital when care at the first hospital is not adequate or following this initial evacuation, when the patient is stable enough for transportation home.EA+'s medical director will make the determination after reviewing medical reports and possible consultation with the treating physician.

What's good for one isn't necessarily good for another. That's why we have choices. I think it's adequate for us, especially now.

What's good for one isn't necessarily good for another. That's why we have choices. I think it's adequate for us, especially now.

Most regular Travel Insurance will do this. You don't need a supplemental to cover this.

The whole point of MedJet Assist (for most of us) is to get you to your home hospital/doctor. Otherwise, I don't need a supplemental coverage on top of travel insurance to get me to the nearest hospital that is adequate.

This is from EA+'s website:

Most regular Travel Insurance will do this. You don't need a supplemental to cover this.

The whole point of MedJet Assist (for most of us) is to get you to your home hospital/doctor. Otherwise, I don't need a supplemental coverage on top of travel insurance to get me to the nearest hospital that is adequate.

Both are really the same in this respect. MedJet Assist also says you must be stable enough to travel before they will fly you home.

From the MedJet Assist web site:

"A Member must be medically stable for medical transport."

Both are really the same in this respect. MedJet Assist also says you must be stable enough to travel before they will fly you home.

From the MedJet Assist web site:

"A Member must be medically stable for medical transport."

Not how I interpret it.

There is a difference between being medical stable for medical transport to home (Medjet) and EA+ that says: "The member will only be moved to another hospital when care at the first hospital is not adequate".

EA+ makes it sound like it will only move you if the hospital is not adequate. It is not saying it will fly you to your home hospital. So if you are at an adequate hospital, you probably won't leave that hospital through their insurance. It also states that you must be medically able to fly.

The main purpose of Medjet Assist is to get you to your home hospital (if Medically able to transport). My Travel Insurance will make sure I get to an adequate hospital but it will be close to where the injury or illness happened.

Edited by Coral

Not how I interpret it.

There is a difference between being medical stable for medical transport to home (Medjet) and EA+ that says: "The member will only be moved to another hospital when care at the first hospital is not adequate".

EA+ makes it sound like it will only move you if the hospital is not adequate. It is not saying it will fly you to your home hospital. So if you are at an adequate hospital, you probably won't leave that hospital through their insurance. It also states that you must be medically able to fly.

The main purpose of Medjet Assist is to get you to your home hospital (if Medically able to transport). My Travel Insurance will make sure I get to an adequate hospital but it will be close to where the injury or illness happened.

Your complete quote earlier was "he member will only be moved to another hospital when care at the first hospital is not adequate or following this initial evacuation, when the patient is stable enough for transportation home."

This indicates to me to be better than MedJet Assist which only says you must be stable for an xfer. EA+ says you can be xferred if stable, but also if care is not adequate even if you are not stable.

I just learned recently, that stable , as in. " condition stable for the last 60 days " can also mean NO change whatsoever in medication, not even for the better as for exemple lowering a dosage or getting off a medication.

I just learned recently, that stable , as in. " condition stable for the last 60 days " can also mean NO change whatsoever in medication, not even for the better as for example lowering a dosage or getting off a medication.

It is a change and although supposedly for the better, could lead to medical problems if the patent really needed to stay with the previous dosage.

Sometimes a doctor will say "let's try a lower dosage and see how it works out."