No nuts/snacks in the bars/lounges

On 13 July 2005, while a guest on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, Johnny Depp stated that a study done on bar peanuts revealed the presence of 27 different types of urine.:eek:

There's different types of urine? :)

I've never seen nuts in bars on the ships, but now that i know, I will ask for them (hold the urine)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Canadian Tyler

Bartender on Freedom brought out a little bowl/cup of trail mix automatically 2 years ago.

Bartender on Allure after being badgered for about 15 minutes by someone we were with who really wanted the trail mix, grudgingly got the bag out and poured some for her, last year.

Didn't think to ask on any cruises since then though !

I would be shocked to see nuts in a bowl on a bar, these were pretty much banned in UK years ago given the number of germs typically found in them.

Same in Australia. A study done here several years ago detected all sorts of contamination from urine right through to faecal. Now the containers must be those that you can only pour the nuts etc but not be able to put your hands in.

Pass....I used to eat those mixed snacks in the jars with the skinny necks until I watched a guy dump them into his hand....pick through them to find the ones he wanted...and pour the rest back into the little jar....over, and over, and over...I never could eat bar snacks after that.

Um, thanks... now I'll never eat those again. Maybe ignorance really is bliss :D

Tom

Pass....I used to eat those mixed snacks in the jars with the skinny necks until I watched a guy dump them into his hand....pick through them to find the ones he wanted...and pour the rest back into the little jar....over, and over, and over...I never could eat bar snacks after that.

Thanks, you've just saved me millions of calories!

I think that the Viking Crown Lounge serves nuts/munchies.

I remember the trail mix type snacks during the old nightly Diamond Event, but I have not seen that since the Diamond Event has ended.