Why do people use the StairMaster machine in the Gym onboard?

NavyCruiser

The VIEW is much much better in the gym. Nothing like working out looking into that beautiful blue horizon.

The other VIEWS are better than the ones on the ship's stairs too.;)

That's what my DW says anyways.:p

I ask a similar question about those who walk on treadmills when there is an outside walking track (weather permitting, or course)

Because of the people who cut across in front of you, who are slower than molasses in January and won't keep right, and who let their kids play on the track. It's almost impossible due to rudeness of other cruisers, and there is danger of tripping as a result.

Too many people are doing leisurely strolls, walking side by side on the walking track so they can have a conversation, with no consideration for those of us who are actually trying to jog or power walk. Trying to dodge them got really old the few times I tried the outside track.

And the d@mn smokers! No consideration for those of us who are actually trying to breathe fresh air while we're trying to exercise and dodge the leisurely strollers. Being forced to inhale those toxins during each lap is old.