Lack of Dreamworks on Anthem of the Seas

Is it still $10? I did it on Oasis earlier this year when it was still free so I booked it even though we did not have kids with us. It was barely worth that price (and I say that because I had to get up early and the food was horrible). Also note that you don't know which characters will show up. My experience was that Shrek and friends were at the first one (we were at the second and got Madagascar), but I guess that could change.

We did it on Allure for a fee, years ago.

The food was pretty bad there too.

But the experience made my daughter so happy that it was well worth the cost.

She took pictures with Puss in Boots, Shrek and Fiona.

It made her day!

We did it on Allure for a fee, years ago.

The food was pretty bad there too.

But the experience made my daughter so happy that it was well worth the cost.

She took pictures with Puss in Boots, Shrek and Fiona.

It made her day!

There was a fee back then? I thought they only added it last year. I had managed to book it before they started charging for it.

The disappointing thing about the menu is that it actually sounded good. But chocolate waffle ended up being a plain waffle with a drizzle of chocolate syrup on it. Other items were similarly disappointing. I guess kids don't care but now that they're charging $10 for adults it would be nice for them to make an effort. And the really disappointing thing is that you can't select what characters you want and you don't get all of them at each breakfast. So if your kid really wants to see Shrek and Fiona, and you end up booking the Madagascar day, they're going to be upset.

Is it still $10? I did it on Oasis earlier this year when it was still free so I booked it even though we did not have kids with us. It was barely worth that price (and I say that because I had to get up early and the food was horrible). Also note that you don't know which characters will show up. My experience was that Shrek and friends were at the first one (we were at the second and got Madagascar), but I guess that could change.

I was going to book it yesterday as I thought since kids were free would be worth it but when I went to book, I was charged for kids. Looks like 6 and up are charged the 10.00 fee also. Thought since special breakfast would be worth it but now I am reading a lot of people saying food not that good. I know they already h e meet and greets throughout the ship with characters so I am trying to decide to go for it or not. Do the characters sign autographs ? They do a little dance party ? Trying to justify spending the $50.00 for all of us. Thanks

There was a fee back then? I thought they only added it last year. I had managed to book it before they started charging for it.

The disappointing thing about the menu is that it actually sounded good. But chocolate waffle ended up being a plain waffle with a drizzle of chocolate syrup on it. Other items were similarly disappointing. I guess kids don't care but now that they're charging $10 for adults it would be nice for them to make an effort. And the really disappointing thing is that you can't select what characters you want and you don't get all of them at each breakfast. So if your kid really wants to see Shrek and Fiona, and you end up booking the Madagascar day, they're going to be upset.

The food was terrible! It also took forever for the characters to get to our table.

She was really happy.

Then, the next day and over the next few days, various characters made appearances at the children's program.

• 3 weeks later...

According to Royal Caribbean website it says the Dream Works Experience is available on: Note Anthem of the Seas is listed at teh bottom with a Novembe 2015 date. I would take that to mean it will be available now. Guess current cruises could advise since it is now November.

Quantum of the Seas®

Allure of the Seas®

Oasis of the Seas®

Freedom of the Seas®

Liberty of the Seas®

Voyager of the Seas®

Mariner of the Seas®

Anthem of the Seas® NEW Coming to the New York Area in November 2015

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=dreamworks_main#UhjdxUie8KufC0AY.99

Why do you say "soon"? I was under the impression it was already launched on Anthem? A few weeks ago when the program was announced on Anthem, the breakfast showed up for pre-booking.

That's the impression that I had. But nobody has confirmed that they've seen any programming on this cruise.

I haven't seen any daily compasses from the current cruise at all. And the person live blogging isn't traveling with kids. My assumption was that it was in place from the first NJ cruise on 11/10. I haven't seen any evidence either for a against that assumption, have you?

I am on the 11/22 cruise next week and I can confirm that a few days after dream works experience was announced for anthem, the character breakfast appeared for booking which, to me, signaled it would be in place

I can provide full details next week but my assumption is since it was announced that it will on Anthemfrom its first US run this week.

We would LOVE to hear anything you can share about this! I haven't booked this character breakfast yet- want to make sure it is worth the time!

BTW to anyone who is looking to book with kiddos- I was told by a RC rep last night (after spending more than an hour trying to change a dinner res!!!) that we should be reimbursed for the child's $10 fee (with OBC). I'm not worried about the $10, but just seems like a weird policy.

I was charged for the 8 yr old and not the 6 yr old. It's odd it says "children" free and then turns out it's not really true. We'll ask about it on board.

Honestly for $10 it doesn't have to be fantastic to me. My parents are actually taking them- they love getting up early anyway. If they have a few laughs and see a few characters they like, it's worth the $. If the food sucks, they'll just eat again after- not like finding a meal is a challenge on cruise ship.

We have a teen and the two little ones so our review ( hopefully live blog!) will include that aspect as well.

I was charged for the 8 yr old and not the 6 yr old. It's odd it says "children" free and then turns out it's not really true. We'll ask about it on board.

Honestly for $10 it doesn't have to be fantastic to me. My parents are actually taking them- they love getting up early anyway. If they have a few laughs and see a few characters they like, it's worth the $. If the food sucks, they'll just eat again after- not like finding a meal is a challenge on cruise ship.

We have a teen and the two little ones so our review ( hopefully live blog!) will include that aspect as well.

Looking forward to it!

It says on website children under 6 free. Over 6 there is a fee

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=dreamworks_make_some_new_friends&pagenameMain=dreamworks_main&discriminators=2

For reservations made on or after Sept 1, 2014 there will be a $10.00 per person charge for all guests six years of age and older for the DreamWorks Character Breakfast.

• 2 weeks later...
When you first go to book it in then cruise planner, it just said " children free" and you didn't realize that wasn't true until you went to pay for items in your cart. Oddly, our kid is 6 and he did not pay. Go figure.

ConandRob, hope that you had a great cruise!

I'm curious how the DW Experience worked out for you.

Was the character "Oh" from Home, anywhere to be found?

Hi, I was on the November 10 Anthem cruise. Did not experience the breakfast and had no children with us, however I can comment that it did seem that almost every day there were DreamWorks character appearances and they were listed in the Compass / Daily Planner.

• 2 months later...

Outside of the post from November, I haven't heard anyone mention the presence of the DreamWorks characters on Anthem or seen any pictures.

I'd love to see any pictures or hear about any of the events if you have traveled with children.

There's a mention that the characters from "Home" will be an added set of characters on Anthem.

Has anyone seen them?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=4&snav=3&pagename=dreamworks_main

Outside of the post from November, I haven't heard anyone mention the presence of the DreamWorks characters on Anthem or seen any pictures.

I'd love to see any pictures or hear about any of the events if you have traveled with children.

There's a mention that the characters from "Home" will be an added set of characters on Anthem.

Has anyone seen them?

We were on in January (no kids) and got pictures with Shrek and Fiona (not a lot of kids on board so no wait). I did not notice any new characters.

You might want to ask in this week's roll call thread since there are probably a bunch of people with kids. In general, I don't think many people care about this nearly as much as you do.

Edited by MisterBill99