We three queen,s

Thanks all for the input and sorry to have hi-jacked the thread somewhat - but that's what's so great about this forum everyone helps out and there isn't the 'slapped wrist' response for wandering off a bit which can happen elsewhere! Such a tolerant, supportive and friendly lot! :)

Have taken note of all the advice and places to look out for - that wine tasting place sounds a must biffybear (DH has added it to our list) and we've already read about how charming the Harbour at Oia is - somewhere else we'll be sure to visit. ;)

Edited by kruzseeka

Will do - it would be lovely to say hello if we do cross paths. Like you we've only ever done Santorini for a day on cruises so we're really looking forward to exploring the island. From our research we will have plenty to fill our time. Exciting! Have a wonderful time - will be lovely to see a couple of other islands too. Enjoy! ;)

Many thanks Kruzseeka and hope you too have a wonderful time.

PS: I take full responsibility for hijacking the thread.

Malc.

Edited by Malch_uk

Kruzseeka,

When are you off to Santorini?

We fly out on 12th May for 2 weeks. Also staying a few nights on Paros and Naxos then back to Santorini before flying home.

Can't wait to go. Got to be warmer than here! ::D

The 12th! :eek: From Gatwick - guess you might be going from Manchester. Only stopping for a week though but really excited! Hope you have a great time - and the weather is fab - for us both! ;)

This thread seems to be finished now, so I will take the opportunity to wish you both a very good holiday.

It will make a change for you Kruzseeka, much more relaxed. I usually need a rest after a cruise!:rolleyes::)

Edited by happy v

Thanks happy v and kalos for your kind wishes. At Gatwick now - early start tomorrow but done the Thomson day before bag drop so that worked well. It does seem strange - said to DH on the way up that I couldn't get my head round the fact that we weren't on our way to join a cruise! Still I think Santorini will live up to expectations. At least I hope so! :D

Edited by kruzseeka

Thanks happy v and kalos for your kind wishes. At Gatwick now - early start tomorrow but done the Thomson day before bag drop so that worked well. It does seem strange - said to DH on the way up that I couldn't get my head round the fact that we weren't on our way to join a cruise! Still I think Santorini will live up to expectations. At least I hope so! :D

Have a great time. Can't imagine not cruising for our holidays now, but sounds like you are going to a great place.

Have a great time. Can't imagine not cruising for our holidays now, but sounds like you are going to a great place.

Cheers gill. :)

I know what you mean........ it's a lot of years since we stopped in one place. Will be something quite different but good in a different way I hope. Back to cruising next time though. ;):D

Over and out.......... 3am get up so must try to get some sleep.

Well! No chance of us bumping into each other today. 20,000 cruise passengers from 6 ships on Santorini our guide told us. It was heaving. Still, the weather is brilliant and enjoying it very much. Off to Paros for 4 nights tomorrow, then Naxos.

Well! No chance of us bumping into each other today. 20,000 cruise passengers from 6 ships on Santorini our guide told us. It was heaving. Still, the weather is brilliant and enjoying it very much. Off to Paros for 4 nights tomorrow, then Naxos.

I bet those poor old donkey,s were bumping in to each other going up and down the steps:D