Silver Shadow just failed its CDC health inspection

FogGuys

Hi

I am totally confused. Was there another CDC inspection in 2015 or is still beating on the 2013 bad inspection?

thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.

Another inspection.

Copied and pasted from the opening sentences of this thread :

"As of April 16, 2015, the Shadow received a failing health inspection score of 82 which was the same score it received in 2013 with the "hide the meat fiasco." Recent inspection scores were in the 90s but this is the most recent."

I suspect that the general food and hygiene management on SS is pretty lax by contemporary first world standards , but I don't recall any great bouts of food poisoning or sickness on my cruises.

Humans are pretty robust and some of the CDC standards seem driven by "living in a bubble" type standards of hygiene.

We mostly all hop on and off ships and into local hotels with all kinds of applied standards.

We then walk out in the evening to try the local food which is probably prepared to the hygiene standard of the indigene preparing it.

Dear Flyer Talker, I'm afraid Burpelson has been inactive since the early 60s. Lost in a doomsday shroud...

@Jeff, thank you for the balanced comments. Am exploring AK options and am rather convinced that more lux ships are about the same price as NCL suites + bev package, etc. or worth the modest premium. BTW, you have the memory of a bartender, or the search function prowess of a forum-meister.

@Jeff, thank you for the balanced comments. Am exploring AK options and am rather convinced that more lux ships are about the same price as NCL suites + bev package, etc. or worth the modest premium. BTW, you have the memory of a bartender, or the search function prowess of a forum-meister.

No probs.

What is often overlooked when the repeated debates about how good or bad SS is that the most important component of "quality" is consistency and this is in fact the main issue that SS seems to need to address. It is imho better to be slightly less good and to be consistent than to be really great sometimes and awful other times. In that situation you know exactly what to expect if you buy the product and can make a rational decision with resect to it's value for money. In your case with NCL, you will know what to expect and at what cost. You are traiding with SS higher cost and a gamble it seems.

If it becomes a lottery you can't make a rational decision. The key measure for that is the percentage of your customers who feel when asked that their expectations were met or exceeded. ISo called luxury providers ..... in this case 6* :rolleyes: I suggest that 95% of your customers should feel that you met or exceeded their expectations with a high share of new customers that are stating that you exceeded their expectations. This allows for a very small number of moaners and groaners who you will never satisfy - but variable quality delivery means "low quality".

It is my instinct that SS are nowhere near that 95% number.

Jeff

:)