Bit of a Blog : Rhapsody : B2B : Singapore - Dubai - Istanbul : May 3rd 2015

When doing a TA we've often sailed at 20 or 21 knots, almost top speed, then slowed down near the end, I think when the captain feels he or she is within safety margins of arriving in good time.

Trying to upload the last pics from New Mangalore. Have left my book in my room.... this could get very boring. Just played the first round of progressive trivia..... we came 2nd!! I was able to contribute at least a couple of answers today.... 'Anfield' and 'to swim'..... you can work out the questions. I also knew the answer 'Laertes' but did not know when was Prince George born month and year (knew the year)

There's a previous cruiser's meet right now in the theatre..... not going....

Here's today's Compass.

DAY 5 RH Cruise Compass, At Sea, May 21.indd.pdf

To the office of mis-information that is Guest Services. PLEASE get your act together. I have heard of many people not getting their final bills on the last morning of the previous cruise..... including me. I heard one of your staff this morning blatantly lie to a guest saying everyone was sent one when he was clearly saying he hadn't received one and others I know personally suffered a similar fate and have been to see you with this regard.

One of your staff told me that you wouldn't be exchanging to euros until Istanbul.... yet we tender then dock in Greece first.... and I don't need to tell YOU the problems the Greek economy is in right now. I asked to speak to the CFO.... he wasn't on duty. I asked to speak the person in charge of GS... s/he was at lunch... I asked to speak to whoever was in charge at that moment (I was offered a call back - seriously? How many call backs have any of my friends received with regards to their various queries? Not one) So I speak to the senior GS member present. He tells me they DO have Euros on board but they won't be doing the accounting and management until tomorrow..... that's an altogether different response to 'We don't have any'.

I know people on the main board get upset at those of us who have 'niggles' and bring them into conversation. None of the 'niggles' I have come across have impacted my day (much) or the cruise (at all).

Also. While I'm here. Any chance of the Monaco GP being shown on the TV / Big Screen this weekend?

Yours sincerely the GF lady who walks around with the laptop dancing to the pool band.

We are between Yemen and Somalia, speed 22.4kts.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

At each port of call in India we have had to produce a slip of paper specific to that port. We also have to carry a photocopy of our passport (I STILL don't have mine back!) This is how it is produced at the port gates..... there is a knack to raising to one's arm and waving it.... it is then handed in to a ship employee at the gangway once boarded.

DSCN3666.jpg

There is market at this port doing a hectic trade

DSCN3667.jpg

DSCN3668.jpg

I have a dip in the Solarium pool once I have removed abandoned towels from seats... the skies begin to darken and the cover on the Solarium begins to close

DSCN3670.jpg

Sailaway

DSCN3671.jpg

Linda, were you aware of you uncle's fitness studio in Goa?

Bob...... nothing about my Uncle Norbert surprises me!!

Speed is up to 23.4kts again....

12°59.46°N

045°02.96°E

We're about to turn right, ok NW....... out of the Gulf of Aden and up the Red Sea

Make that 23.5kts

So from Yemen to the North of us and Somalia to the South we will have Yemen to the East and Djibouti then Eritrea to the West

Edited by NorbertsNiece

A trip of a lifetime! Lovely women in red.

And I always feel sorry for the poor dogs. I try not to see them but unfortunately I always do.

There were dogs EVERYWHERE.

I was up early this morning and took my camera out with me for a walk. 0645 it's daylight out...... decks are open.... ship security still in evidence but are heading to bed..... there is a frigate heading south. I try to grab a pic but the humidity on the camera lens was all defeating. 'Safe Haven' ends today. Our speed is currently 20.1kts but was down to 19 something earlier.

Happy Birthday StevieSG. Love and miss you very much (DD2)

Edited by NorbertsNiece